3 day weekend in UK

3 day weekend in UK

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19d

@pettytalk said
Do you go dancing on the weekends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CCgDvUM4TM
You’re upset and twisted by this thread; why?

Moves
19d

@divegeester said
We have 8 in total. Including Christmas and New Year.
In England. The rest of the UK is different. In NI, there's 10. Plus a minimum of 20 other holidays to use as you wish most companies have more. 25 + the 10 bank holidays where I work.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19d

@a-unique-nickname said
In England. The rest of the UK is different. In NI, there's 10. Plus a minimum of 20 other holidays to use as you wish most companies have more. 25 + the 10 bank holidays where I work.
I get 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
I also “buy” another 5 days holiday.

10 Bank hols is nice.

Moves
18d

@divegeester said
I get 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
I also “buy” another 5 days holiday.

10 Bank hols is nice.
Scotland also has 10... Wales and England 8. Yeah we can also 'buy' 5 extra days but with full sick pay, why would you?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18d

@a-unique-nickname said
Scotland also has 10... Wales and England 8. Yeah we can also 'buy' 5 extra days but with full sick pay, why would you?
To not be “Irish”

Moves
18d

Boring.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
18d
1 edit

If you’re a public sector worker you’re limited to 3 periods of sickness per year, be they 3 separate months or 3 single days. Any more than that and you’ll get a sickness absence management meeting in which your illness/es will be discussed. Feigning sickness and risking a fellow employee seeing you out having fun doesn’t make it worth the risk.

Moves
17d

@Drewnogal said
If you’re a public sector worker you’re limited to 3 periods of sickness per year, be they 3 separate months or 3 single days. Any more than that and you’ll get a sickness absence management meeting in which your illness/es will be discussed. Feigning sickness and risking a fellow employee seeing you out having fun doesn’t make it worth the risk.
If you're off with stress you can do whatever you want to de-stress. May that be going out with friends, going to another country... It doesn't matter who sees you doing what, where and when.