1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 13:54
    Does this give more credibility to this conspiracy theory or does it lessen the credibility of JFK's nephew?

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/12/rfk-jr-evidence-very-convincing-lone-gunman-did-not-kill-jfk/
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 14:01
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Does this give more credibility to this conspiracy theory or does it lessen the credibility of JFK's nephew?

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/12/rfk-jr-evidence-very-convincing-lone-gunman-did-not-kill-jfk/
    Discover Magazine published a scientific analysis of the events that day. It was independent and not funded by government. Their conclusion was that there was a very very high probability that the shots came from the Texas School Book Depository.

That said, the BBC also performed an exposé, and concluded that the Italian mafia was indeed involved - even naming the shooters on the grassy knoll.

There was certainly a fair share of ambiguity around the events.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 14:20

Most conspiracy theories that involve government, benefit from the sloppy investigations that government typically does, in theory to defuse the conspiracy theory. I wonder if the "sloppy" investigations aren't intentional, knowing they open up a variety of ambiguous possibilities, and making finding the real truth even more difficult.
  4. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 14:21

Ted Kennedy should have named the killers before he went over the great divide. You can bet he knew.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 16:56

RFK Jr. is the living proof that lineage doesn't mean a thing. His conspiracy theory on the 2004 election was loony enough to cause me to take anything his says with a mound of salt.

In any case, this is an issue that has been written on extensively by scholarly authors who have sent thousands of hours investigating the case. Just because he's related doesn't mean RFK Jr's opinion should count for anything next to the researched opinions.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 17:45
    Originally posted by sh76
    RFK Jr. is the living proof that lineage doesn't mean a thing. His conspiracy theory on the 2004 election was loony enough to cause me to take anything his says with a mound of salt.

In any case, this is an issue that has been written on extensively by scholarly authors who have sent thousands of hours investigating the case. Just because he's related doesn't mean RFK Jr's opinion should count for anything next to the researched opinions.
    Tucker Carlson may disagree with RFK Jr. because Tucker is a republican but he openly says that RFK Jr. is not crazy, yet you do. Some people say that Obama won a second term based on election fraud as well, but are you saying those people are crazy?

YouTube

You are a republican with a cause. Why should we take your claim seriously?
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 17:50

I don't care what they say I don't think the serpent in the garden of Eden acted alone.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 19:03
    Tucker Carlson may disagree with RFK Jr. because Tucker is a republican but he openly says that RFK Jr. is not crazy, yet you do. Some people say that Obama won a second term based on election fraud as well, but are you saying those people are crazy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cj0ej4F6-A

You are a republican with a cause. Why should we take your claim seriously?
    I didn't mean literally crazy. I meant hyper-hyper-partisan.

I absolutely think the same of anyone who says the same about the 2012 election (which, BTW, was very similar to the 2004 election in many ways).

I have no wish for anyone to take my analysis of the JFK shooting seriously in a vacuum. Read Gerald Posner's "Case Closed" for a serious analysis, not the ramblings of a hyper-partisan nephew.
  9. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 21:46

I absolutely think the same of anyone who says the same about the 2012 election (which, BTW, was very similar to the 2004 election in many ways).

I have no wish for anyone to take my analysis of the JFK shooting seriously in a vacuum. Read Gerald Posner's "Case Closed" for a serious analysis, not the ramblings of a hyper-partisan nephew.
    I tend to agree, besides the killings of JFK, and RFK are events of long ago. Maybe it's time to let bygones be bygones...
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 22:22

RFK Jr. said his father believed the Warren Commission report was a “shoddy piece of craftsmanship.”

Was JFK's brother hyper-partisan as well? Since RFK was assassinated as well maybe you should give this character assassination (no pun intended) a rest #6. His view might be based on his father's opinion to some extent.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 22:23
    Originally posted by bill718
    I tend to agree, besides the killings of JFK, and RFK are events of long ago. Maybe it's time to let bygones be bygones...
    This is about history, not forgiveness.
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 00:28
    Was JFK's brother hyper-partisan as well?
    Of course he was. I don't blame him necessarily. It's hard to think clearly when it was your brother who was killed.

Since RFK was assassinated as well maybe you should give this character assassination (no pun intended) a rest #6. His view might be based on his father's opinion to some extent.

That he was assassinated too is a coincidence. Those happen, you know.

I don't understand your reference to his father's opinion in this context.
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 00:291 edit
    In any case, even assuming the Warren report was shoddy craftsmanship, that doesn't mean its conclusions were wrong.

There is no credible evidence of any specific conspiracy 50 years after the fact. I see no good reason to raise ghosts.
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 00:31

What are people saying about the 2012 election?
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 02:05
    Of course he was. I don't blame him necessarily. It's hard to think clearly when it was your brother who was killed.

[b]Since RFK was assassinated as well maybe you should give this character assassination (no pun intended) a rest #6. His view might be based on his father's opinion to some extent.

That he was assassinated too is a coincidence. Those h ...[text shortened]... en, you know.

I don't understand your reference to his father's opinion in this context.[/b]
    Whether or not RFK was partisan is not relevant. His brother was assassinated and his opinion about the Warren Commission had nothing to do with partisan issues. That is the point.

Saying he was not thinking clearly just because it was his brother is an empty statement. RFK had plenty of time to analyze the results of the investigation.

Perhaps you are biased because you read a biased book. You don't seem to be keeping an open mind. Dismissing RFK's opinion seems shortsighted to me. He was his brother's attorney general. Who had more insight at the time?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree