1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 22:34
    Originally posted by bill718
    It's "proposal" Whodey, not a "universal ban" in itself. If you had bothered to look up the definition of the word proposal, you would not have had to write the rest of your mindless drivel.

😞
    a proposal that would allow him to enact new gun control measures without congressional approval

How would you feel about a proposal to eliminate elections, and make the current President supreme ruler for life? The proposal means nothing, but if it gets beyond that, it rips up the Constitution.
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 03:25
    Originally posted by normbenign
    [b]a proposal that would allow him to enact new gun control measures without congressional approval

How would you feel about a proposal to eliminate elections, and make the current President supreme ruler for life? The proposal means nothing, but if it gets beyond that, it rips up the Constitution.[/b]
    No fly no 2nd amendment, then no fly no first amendment, then no fly no vote, then no fly no privacy, then no fly no rights period. Of course damn near everyone will be on the list and not know why and have no way to get off the list. Obama is such a turd. When he said he would not use the executive orders he lied once again. I would say Obama is as bad as Bush jr.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 03:281 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It was ok for a previous emperor Bush Jr to invade Iraq which is what caused what we see there today, right?
    I hate Bush, but if memory serves, Congress (Hillary included) voted to go to war.

Conversely, Obozo refused to call the war in Libya a war, thus bypassing Congress altogether.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 03:29
    It's "proposal" Whodey, not a "universal ban" in itself. If you had bothered to look up the definition of the word proposal, you would not have had to write the rest of your mindless drivel.

😞
    I never know what his powers will do anymore. He has side stepped Congress so many times I just assume that is all he is capable of.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 03:351 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The USA certainly has weight in the scale of Empires (and beyond!) but George Washington showed what he really believed when he refused to be President for life.
    President Wilson and FDR created the US empire when they militarized it and centralized government in order to finance a world conquering army. It was needed to combat the centralized war machines in Europe.

They have not stopped their world conquest since Wilson. So be careful what you are fighting. You often tend to become what you are fighting.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 06:07
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    No fly no 2nd amendment, then no fly no first amendment, then no fly no vote, then no fly no privacy, then no fly no rights period. Of course damn near everyone will be on the list and not know why and have no way to get off the list. Obama is such a turd. When he said he would not use the executive orders he lied once again. I would say Obama is as bad as Bush jr.
    Obama is the worst President ever, I hope. 😏
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 10:37
    You forget that he's also going to get awlyawl interred into death camps by FEEEMAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Jeez.
  8. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 21:38
    [b]a proposal that would allow him to enact new gun control measures without congressional approval

How would you feel about a proposal to eliminate elections, and make the current President supreme ruler for life? The proposal means nothing, but if it gets beyond that, it rips up the Constitution.[/b]
    Norm...will you get a grip on yourself. This proposal would have to be introduced as a bill in Congress, pass both houses, then be signed by the President. The chances of this happening are smaller than Seattle Mariners winning 6 world series titles in a row. 🙄
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 22:19
    Much, much worse. He is a glib, and resourceful liar.
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 22:21
    Norm...will you get a grip on yourself. This proposal would have to be introduced as a bill in Congress, pass both houses, then be signed by the President. The chances of this happening are smaller than Seattle Mariners winning 6 world series titles in a row. 🙄
    Probably true, bill, but it is a consideration of his administration to do such a thing without Congress. That it is even considered, should be a warning that somebody thinks it is possible.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 01:381 edit
    Probably true, bill, but it is a consideration of his administration to do such a thing without Congress. That it is even considered, should be a warning that somebody thinks it is possible.
    It is possible. It will all depend on how much support he has to bypass Congress. Many seem to think of Obama as a Messiah. Jamie Foxx Called Barack Obama "Our Lord and Savior" and the audience applauded.

YouTube

Even Barbara Walters said, "We thought Obama was going to be the next Messiah."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree