1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 12:461 edit
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/06/22/councilwoman-advocates-for-keeping-guns-away-from-dangerous-people-but-its-who-she-says-is-dangerous-that-shocks-residents/

A city councilwoman in North Carolina is walking back an explosive statement she wrote Monday on her personal Facebook page in which he said that the “most dangerous people with guns” aren’t criminals, but police officers and soldiers.

“I am all about keeping guns away from dangerous people, but I feel like more of us should be pointing out that the most dangerous people with guns are cops and soldiers, and that the no-fly list and FBI anti-terror efforts are seriously corrupted by entrapment, racial profiling and Islamophobia,” Durham City Councilwoman Jillian Johnson posted.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 12:531 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    “I am all about keeping guns away from dangerous people, but I feel like more of us should be pointing out that the most dangerous people with guns are cops and soldiers, and that the no-fly list and FBI anti-terror efforts are seriously corrupted by entrapment, racial profiling and Islamophobia,” Durham City Councilwoman Jillian Johnson posted.
    All sounds correct to me. A harmless soldier would be pretty useless.

Although the entrapment comment sounds wrong. Surely you would be on the list before they try to entrap you?
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    24 Jun '16 00:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/06/22/councilwoman-advocates-for-keeping-guns-away-from-dangerous-people-but-its-who-she-says-is-dangerous-that-shocks-residents/

A city councilwoman in North Carolina is walking back an explosive statement she wrote Monday on her personal Facebook page in which he said that the “most dangerous people with guns” aren’t ...[text shortened]... entrapment, racial profiling and Islamophobia,” Durham City Councilwoman Jillian Johnson posted.
    Some things are shocking but true.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    24 Jun '16 00:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    All sounds correct to me. A harmless soldier would be pretty useless.

Although the entrapment comment sounds wrong. Surely you would be on the list before they try to entrap you?
    It is a fine line between capturing a suspect, and entrapping someone. How do we identify criminals, except by catching them in the act?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree