1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 15:591 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "he shot an unarmed black teen!"
    which is still true. brown was a teen and brown was unarmed.

"ignored the fact that Brown ATTACKED THE COP. "
    which wasn't proven at all at that time. he didn't say that brown DIDN'T attack the cop.

"Jon Stewart don't even want to go there, it might justify what the cop had to do to save his life. "
    he repeated a ...[text shortened]... ies. the fact that later on your stance was confirmed by the DOG and that grand jury means jack.
    That Brown was unarmed, other than his size and strength, is not relevant. Professional boxers, and cage fighters of any size are considered "armed", and I'll bet you'ld have soiled your jockeys if confronted by an "unarmed teenager" such as Brown, black or white.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 16:04
    Originally posted by vivify
    Finnegan said he doesn't see the Daily Show as news. Stewart calls his own show a "fake news" show. So obviously, I'm not referring to information about what's happening in the world--which is also called, you know, news.

That said, asking Finnegan why he knows about a guy who makes jokes about (mainly) U.S. current events when he's from a different na ...[text shortened]... is it? After all, how many comedy-based political commentators do YOU know of outside the U.S.?
    i am unsure what to make of this or what your point is so i can form an opinion on it.

do you actually believe that jon stewart's daily show is an actual "fake news" show? do you believe jon stewart invents news? or that he merely presents news in a funny manner?

"Finnegan said he doesn't see the Daily Show as news."
    he is wrong.
    aaron sorkin's the newsroom defined "news" as information a citizen needs to know to cast his vote in elections. i agree with this definition and by this definition, jon stewart's the daily show is news. perhaps the best news.

"Stewart calls his own show a "fake news" show. "
    it is part of the joke. the daily show stopped being fake news the second jon took over precisely because of what he wanted to do with it.

"That said, asking Finnegan why he knows about a guy who makes jokes about (mainly) U.S. current events when he's from a different nation isn't unreasonable, is it? "
    us current(and not current) events affects everyone. it is very reasonable to want to know about them and very reasonable to try to learn about them from someone who has proven to be respected and ethical.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 16:09
    "That said, asking Finnegan why he knows about a guy who makes jokes about (mainly) U.S. current events when he's from a different nation isn't unreasonable, is it? "
    us current(and not current) events affects everyone. it is very reasonable to want to know about them and very reasonable to try to learn about them from someone who has proven to be respected and ethical.
    Knowing current is events is different from knowing about political satirists outside your country.

Right?
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 16:102 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign

Fox News has never had an anchor, or news reader caught in deliberate lies
    In addition to the lovely list I already posted in response to your post on page 2 of this thread, here's a nice one involving the many lies of former Fox anchor Glenn Beck:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/glenn-beck/statements/
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 16:12
    I frankly don't see the difference.

Fox News has never had an anchor, or news reader caught in deliberate lies such as those of the major networks, and its leaning right is not nearly as severe as the left leaning of MSNBC.

There is a likely reason why more people tune in and watch Fox News. It is more "Fair and Balanced" than any other cable or o ...[text shortened]... ews than all other cable news sources combined. Don't tell me that the consumer is just stupid.
    "More choose Fox News than all other cable news sources combined. "
    it's funny that you support your counter argument to "fox news lies a lot" with another lie.

fox news median age is 65. what is funny about this statement is not that it is true (it is, just google "fox news median age"😉 but that the ones who make this statistic stop counting after 65.
    so do you still support the statement that "more people watch fox news than all other networks combined"?

"Don't tell me that the consumer is just stupid."
    no, that would be unfair. not all of them are stupid. some simply are to frightened to be exposed to any opinion different of their own.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 16:16
    Knowing current is events is different from knowing about political satirists outside your country.

Right?
    i know about US events and i know about them from jon stewart.

and stephen colbert.
    and john oliver.

i am not an american.
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 16:241 edit
    In addition to the lovely list I already posted in response to your post on page 2 of this thread, here's a nice one involving the many lies of former Fox anchor Glenn Beck:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/glenn-beck/statements/
    Differences of opinions don't constitute lies. My recollection is that Glenn Beck was an editorialist, not a news anchor.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 16:27

and stephen colbert.
    and john oliver.

i am not an american.
    Okay. Then please answer the question I asked Finnegan: why do you know about Jon Stewart? Is it from the internet? Does his show air in your nation?
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 16:32
    Differences of opinions don't constitute lies. My recollection is that Glenn Beck was an editorialist, not a news anchor.
    That link isn't simply "differences of opinion". They're outright lies. You obviously didn't read the PolitiFact link based on your response.

Interesting also that you won't acknowledge the more damning response to your post that I made.
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 16:35
    That link isn't simply "differences of opinion". They're outright lies. You obviously didn't read the PolitiFact link based on your response.

Interesting also that you won't acknowledge the more damning response to your post that I made.
    I have since read it, and as I suspected would be the case many of the items were "arguable", and matters of opinion, which was Glenn Beck's job at Fox.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 16:37

Not sure what those more damning points were?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 16:413 edits

and stephen colbert.
    and john oliver.

i am not an american.
    Then you been brainwashed.
    Here open your mind to the other side of the coin:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BamaFanatic12345
    Here's one for you that Colbert and Stewart will never show you, if you want to know what the US is really like:
    YouTube
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 16:53
    I have since read it, and as I suspected would be the case many of the items were "arguable", and matters of opinion, which was Glenn Beck's job at Fox.
    Sean Hannity's lie was "arguable"? He blatantly misquoted the president. Or...did you not even click on the video which was under a minute and a half long?
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 16:56
    Sean Hannity's lie was "arguable"? He blatantly misquoted the president. Or...did you not even click on the video which was under a minute and a half long?
    You have to be going back to another page. I was focused on your attack on Glenn Beck.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 17:04
    Okay. Then please answer the question I asked Finnegan: why do you know about Jon Stewart? Is it from the internet? Does his show air in your nation?
    internet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree