1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '10 06:027 edits
    http://republicanredefined.com/2009/12/09/epa-strongarms-congress-on-cap-and-trade/

"The EPA has reportedly decided that since Congress will not act on climate change legislation, it will simply circumvent the legislation process and take action through the Executive Branch. With the EPA declaring carbon emissions is a "threat" to the health and general welfare of Americans, it could potentially act even without Congressional approval to impose regulations and restrictions on industry under the guise of legitimate action. To make matters worse, reports have now leaked out that it was not simply a radical environmentalist point of view or opinion but a full-blown strategy to bring the Senate back to the table on Cap and Trade. Essentially, the EPA could implement the "cap" side of the proposed without the "trade". It could effectively regulate many American industries right out of business by setting guidlines that would not only exceed those proposed, but would also be less predictable stifling industry growth for the foreseeable future. All conservatives have been iiving in fear since the President appointed Cass Sunstien as our "Regulatory Czar" for precisely this type of tactic and now we can add Head of EPA, Lisa Jackson, to the list of those we should be imminently afraid of.
    Through this sort of questionably legitimate action, the Executive Branch - through its agencies- could impose regulation on a wide range of sectors bringing the American economy to its knees in the name of the Green movement."

My only questoin is, with all the recently created czars in place and regulatory agencies within the Executive Branch like the EPA, why do we even need Congress? Perhaps judge Alito might set a few things straight if Obama dares to take this course of actoin. That way instead of Obama declaring what is Constitutional before the country at the next state of the union perhaps judge Alito can do the same for Barak.

But if the EPA does take such action, just think of all the green jobs that might be created!!! 🙄
  2. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '10 13:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://republicanredefined.com/2009/12/09/epa-strongarms-congress-on-cap-and-trade/

"The EPA has reportedly decided that since Congress will not act on climate change legislation, it will simply circumvent the legislation process and take action through the Executive Branch. With the EPA declaring carbon emissions is a "threat" to the health and general w ...[text shortened]... A does take such action, just think of all the green jobs that might be created!!! 🙄
    well since most of the green energy is given tax breaks, we will get hit there as well.
    One local store had their roof cover with a thin film type solar roofing. The guy said pay back would take 30 years, but with his tax incentives, it was worth it?
    Solar roofing in Oregon,, you have to be kidding me?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '10 14:31
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    well since most of the green energy is given tax breaks, we will get hit there as well.
    One local store had their roof cover with a thin film type solar roofing. The guy said pay back would take 30 years, but with his tax incentives, it was worth it?
    Solar roofing in Oregon,, you have to be kidding me?
    In short, you might as well double all of your energy expeses including gas, electric, and gas for your car at a time when people are losing homes and businesses.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree