1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 16:481 edit
    Read a meme the other day about Democrats seeking Trump’s tax returns. It asked, wouldn’t it be better to look at a politician who became a millionaire after getting into office, then a millionaire who became a politician?
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 17:001 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Read a meme the other day about Democrats seeking Trump’s tax returns. It asked, wouldn’t it be better to look at a politician who became a millionaire after getting into office, then a millionaire who became a politician?
    Other politicians are required to make financial disclosures that Trump has refused to do. Why do you think that is?

Other politicians also weren't trying to make a deal worth hundreds of millions of dollars to build a hotel in a foreign country subject to economic sanctions.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 17:13
    @kellyjay said
    Shouldn't you look at both?
  4. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 17:29
    If their was something wrong with his taxes wouldn't the IRS be doing something about it?
    After all this media talk about his taxes I'm sure the IRS has looked into it.
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 18:54
    @no1marauder said
    Other politicians are required to make financial disclosures that Trump has refused to do. Why do you think that is?

Other politicians also weren't trying to make a deal worth hundreds of millions of dollars to build a hotel in a foreign country subject to economic sanctions.
    lets stop this lie right now...no politician has been "required" to do anything regarding taxes.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 18:55
    @kazetnagorra said
    not without due process.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 19:03
    @no1marauder said

If they are required to make disclosures good that is a start, but not what I asked.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 19:04
    @kazetnagorra said
    Yes for once I think we agree!
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 21:51
    @kellyjay said
    If they are required to make disclosures good that is a start, but not what I asked.
    ... not what you asked.
    You didn't ask anything.
    You posted a rhetorical question from an unknown source.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 21:52
    @kellyjay said
    Is there anything wrong with becoming a millionaire after a Presidency?
    The book deals, the consultancies, the speaking circuit.
    All very lucrative and all above board.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 21:53
    @mott-the-hoople said
    lets stop this lie right now...no politician has been "required" to do anything regarding taxes.
    1. Trump promised he would.

2. All recent Presidents have.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 21:54
    @chessturd said
    If their was something wrong with his taxes wouldn't the IRS be doing something about it?
    After all this media talk about his taxes I'm sure the IRS has looked into it.
    I don't think there is a question of his taxes being wrong.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 22:19
    @wolfgang59 said
    ... not what you asked.
    You didn't ask anything.
    You posted a rhetorical question from an unknown source.
    I suggest you look at the end of the first line in the OP there was a question there. Rhetorical question is a question. Why ask for Trump's taxes when there are many who have gotten very rich while in office? If we are going to find something interesting if that is the desire, shouldn't we look for the corruption already in place, find those who are enriching themselves and others near them for decades give or take?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 22:36
    @kellyjay said
    Obama made about $30 million for being President

Who will look into those taxes I wonder?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 23:28
    @whodey said
    Obama made about $30 million for being President

Who will look into those taxes I wonder?
    They should look at them all, Obama, Bush, and Clinton too, while they are looking at congress.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree