1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 15:581 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    Also, we don't get composers like Mozart any more because his style of music went out of fashion, and did so soon after his time. That's why the next generation we had composers like Beethoven, and after that composers like Brahms, and then like Ravel.

And now, like Karl Jenkins. Composers are still made, it's just that we don't hear of them a lot. I'm not sur ...[text shortened]... odall and Eric Whiteacre are doing very well even if you measure success by common fame, of course.)
    I agree that there are indeed musical geniuses today, they are just not composing in Mozart’s or Bach’s genre, just as there are brilliant modern dramatists not composing in the style of Sophocles or Shakespeare. Sometimes a particular composer, author, painter, or sculptor brings a certain art form to such a state of perfection that there is hardly any point in anyone else attempting to carry that genre forward. This does not mean that there are fewer geniuses in the world than before, but only that they find or invent other forms in which to express themselves.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree