1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    20 Jul '08 22:46
    Originally posted by gregsflat
    I started to compile the votes, but there is just not enough voting worth the effort. Unless others vote, I'm gonna let this thread fade into the sunset.
    That would be a real shame after all the effort πŸ™
  2. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 02:18
    Originally posted by yo its me
    That would be a real shame after all the effort πŸ™
    6 folks voted including you & I. That's less votes than people who submitted works.
  3. The sky
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 11:06
    6 folks voted including you & I. That's less votes than people who submitted works.
    😳 I didn't make it before I left for the holidays (no deadline = not enough pressure...). I still want to vote, but I am not sure I can make it before I am back home (i.e. the first week of August).
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 11:17
    Me too, this month is crazy, for instance, we have one more grandkid, came just last night!
  5. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33Β°36'S 26Β°53'E
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 15:56
    Yes, a dismal response so far.

Not even worth closing the voting, because the results would be rather meaningless.
  6. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 18:53
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Me too, this month is crazy, for instance, we have one more grandkid, came just last night!
    Congrats! The sunny son of a son of sonhouse! πŸ™‚ Or was it a granddaughter?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 03:26
    Congrats! The sunny son of a son of sonhouse! πŸ™‚ Or was it a granddaughter?
    hehe, in this case, grandaughter. We have so many now, it's hard to keep track. My wife says we have 18 but I don't beleive herπŸ™‚
  8. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 02:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    hehe, in this case, grandaughter. We have so many now, it's hard to keep track. My wife says we have 18 but I don't beleive herπŸ™‚
    You must be doing something right!
  9. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    27 Jul '08 02:27
    Congrats, sonhouse.

For the music voting - the lack of votes has nothing to do with the quality of the entrants. Great songs across the board. You should all be proud of what you've given us.
  10. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    27 Aug '08 14:32
    It's been another month of non-activity with this. It's still a nice collection of tunes. Does anybody still sit and listen to music anymore as an activity, in other words, not do something else while listening? Music as the main focus of your time. True music appreciation seems to be lost in this fast paced society.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    27 Aug '08 14:45
    Does anybody still sit and listen to music anymore as an activity, in other words, not do something else while listening? Music as the main focus of your time. True music appreciation seems to be lost in this fast paced society.
    Boy, you really are disappointed. I can tell.
  12. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 09:51
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Boy, you really are disappointed. I can tell.
    Yes, I'm becoming cynical of audiences. I tend to play for my own enjoyment. It just so happens to be my profession though, so I tend to only perform for money, not wishing to "sit in or "jam" or " why don't you pick up your guitar and play for us". It's like asking you to go to your work while your sitting and partying with friends or family, just because they think it would be fun. I do like to play, but not for free.
    None of this has anything to do with this contest, except that it seems typical to me that this contest fell out because people would have to apply themselves.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree