1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '10 05:01
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    yeah...it got me to the "hotfile" page... now what?
    Try this link instead then:

http://hotfile.com/dl/49634520/242dca8/Plp_-_All_Mouth_And_No_Pants_128_kbps_(2009).zip.

Then click on REGULAR DOWNLOAD.
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    19 Jul '10 09:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Try this link instead then:

[b]http://hotfile.com/dl/49634520/242dca8/Plp_-_All_Mouth_And_No_Pants_128_kbps_(2009).zip.

Then click on REGULAR DOWNLOAD.[/b]
    Sites like hotfile.com make your music really inaccessible. I doubt that many people have got the enthusiasm to go through 4 or 5 separate screens, wait for the timer, download the zip, unpack it and then finally get to listen to your tunes.

Have you considered using something like soundcloud.com or youtube.com to make it easier for people to listen to?
  3. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    19 Jul '10 10:26
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Sites like hotfile.com make your music really inaccessible. I doubt that many people have got the enthusiasm to go through 4 or 5 separate screens, wait for the timer, download the zip, unpack it and then finally get to listen to your tunes.

Have you considered using something like soundcloud.com or youtube.com to make it easier for people to listen to?
    Indeed. One of the easiest ways would be through the Internet Archive at http://www.archive.org/ who will host books, audio, and video files that you have the right to share. The Internet Archive, a non-profit library, will provide free storage and easy access to them. Users do not need to register, but uploaders do.

There's a subsection of Netlabels if you are looking for new music (all non-profit, internet only labels with every bit as much a range of quality as that suggests) at http://www.archive.org/details/netlabels and, more generally, the Archive is a vast, varied resource well worth checking out.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    19 Jul '10 14:383 edits

You'd be surprised. The majority of music traders use hotfile/rapidshare/mediafire/etc. links on blogs these days.

I don't really see FMF as the type of artist who's pining to get his music to the unwashed general populi (although I could be wrong), but if that were the case then your suggestion is a good one.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '10 15:33
    Sites like hotfile.com make your music really inaccessible. [...] Have you considered using something like soundcloud.com or youtube.com to make it easier for people to listen to?
    Thanks for your suggestions and taking the time to offer them. As it happens I inhabit hotfile/rapidshare/megaupload world and have premium accounts. In terms of my music I am completely ambition-free and I am not engaged in getting it to as many people as possible. Simply tossing it onto the Culture Forum for fun. If people gird their loins and grab it from hotfile, there is then the stumbling block of them perhaps finding out that the music is bol locks. If they like it, then they will have the added perk of having now obtained a Hotfile Free User Account, which will make using hotfile much more of a sinch in future.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '10 15:35
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I don't really see FMF as the type of artist who's pining to get his music to the unwashed general populi
    Quite right. I simply want to be admired and to get to sleep with strangers.
  7. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    19 Jul '10 23:04
    Originally posted by darvlay
    You'd be surprised. The majority of music traders use hotfile/rapidshare/mediafire/etc. links on blogs these days.
    You're right, I am surprised. Most of the people I know pimp out their music on various live streaming sites with a good few links to iTunes, Amazon, etc... to buy the tracks or albums.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree