Painting

Donationbuckky
Culture 09 Aug '08 01:43
  1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 01:43
    A friend of mine mentioned that painting is in danger of becoming a primitive art form. He thinks it might become like what we now think of as folk art in the near future. With computers drivien art can perform
    miracles compared to the human hand of painting with paints. I prefer the human element myself, but I fear that youth is so bombarded with flashy images that stem from the digital world that a simple painting no matter how well crafted might go unnoticed.
  2. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 02:00
    Originally posted by buckky
    A friend of mine mentioned that painting is in danger of becoming a primitive art form. He thinks it might become like what we now think of as folk art in the near future. With computers drivien art can perform
    miracles compared to the human hand of painting with paints. I prefer the human element myself, but I fear that youth is so bombarded with flashy im ...[text shortened]... tem from the digital world that a simple painting no matter how well crafted might go unnoticed.
    Your friend is an idiot.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 18:52
    An oil painting hanging in my home or business will always be preferable (to me) to a computerized print.
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 18:52
    Originally posted by Badwater
    An oil painting hanging in my home or business will always be preferable (to me) to a computerized print.
    And computerized brush strokes are still a print to me.
  5. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 09:041 edit
    Originally posted by buckky
    miracles compared to the human hand of painting with paints. I prefer the human element myself, but I fear that youth is so bombarded with flashy im ...[text shortened]... tem from the digital world that a simple painting no matter how well crafted might go unnoticed.
    The organisation I work for provides courses in community venues around the UK and some of the most popular are the art courses. I have attended 2 to improve my drawing skills and to sample using different mediums - acrylics, dry and oil pastels, charcoal and ink.
    The batik art course is good too, and not how I imagined it to be!
    The tutor - http://www.turnstonegallery.net/sitemap/GATTHEATHER/index.htm

There are too many forms and styles of painting for it to die out. It's surprising how many people paint and draw as a leisure activity - and often surprising who they are!

Digital art is just another form and has it's own place too.
  6. Big D
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 13:35
    Not likely, and I will tell you why: Many young people who graduate from art school learn all the fancy computer software, but they still can't draw or paint worth a flip. Conversely, people I've known who had those skills and had spent many hours in life drawing can master any software rendering or painting package in six weeks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree