1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 20:01
    (This could be in Debates I guess, but I've already had one thread moved today by the Mods)

There seems to be a political row around this cartoon series. I'm a big fan from my youth who is looking to buy the set at least up to prior to the Chuck Jones era. But a lot of the episodes have been censored even though they are called "collectors editions".

Two questions really:

1) Any recs on which set to buy from other admitted T&J lovers?

2) What is all this PC rubbish about, when kids can see whatever they want on digital?

Thank you.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 15:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    (This could be in Debates I guess, but I've already had one thread moved today by the Mods)

There seems to be a political row around this cartoon series. I'm a big fan from my youth who is looking to buy the set at least up to prior to the Chuck Jones era. But a lot of the episodes have been censored even though they are called "collectors editions" ...[text shortened]... is all this PC rubbish about, when kids can see whatever they want on digital?

Thank you.
    Welcome to the world of PC crap. Hollyweird seems to think that kids should not be exposed to smoking, women cooking; on the flip side all doctors are black and people have all the sex they want, smoke all the dope they want and suffer no consequences. Christians are portrayed as losers, muslims as good, corporations are always evil, atheists are great, God is a woman, or drug addict (Joan of Arcadia), you can oofend no vicitm group but Christians are fair game. Threesomes are great, taking it up the bum imbues you with a specialness all your own. Hollywood always argues exposure to what they peddle has no impact on behavior but they do not want kids exposed to smoking lest they begin smoking. Sex is OK, I guess they gotta keep planned parenthood busy.
  3. Pepperland
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 17:50

There seems to be a political row around this cartoon series. I'm a big fan from my youth who is looking to buy the set at least up to prior to the Chuck Jones era. But a lot of the episodes have been censored even though they are called "collectors editions" ...[text shortened]... is all this PC rubbish about, when kids can see whatever they want on digital?

Thank you.
    you must be reffering to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_and_jerry#Controversy
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 18:031 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Welcome to the world of PC crap. Hollyweird seems to think that kids should not be exposed to smoking, women cooking; on the flip side all doctors are black and people have all the sex they want, smoke all the dope they want and suffer no consequences. Christians are portrayed as losers, muslims as good, corporations are always evil, atheists are great, ...[text shortened]... to smoking lest they begin smoking. Sex is OK, I guess they gotta keep planned parenthood busy.
    Hollyweird seems to think that kids should not be exposed to smoking, women cooking

do you think they should?
    are you a parent? if so, would you like your kids to smoke?
    women cooking? thats bs.

on the flip side all doctors are black and people have all the sex they want, smoke all the dope they want

I see, you have something against black doctors. would you prefer it if we went back to those days when tv was 99% white anglo-saxon, and the 1% of minorities were either cleaners or manual workers?
    whats wrong with sex?
    whats wrong with dope?

if you try them you'll know why they're good, and don't worry you're not gonna go to hell for it.

Christians are portrayed as losers,

rarely.

muslims as good

examples?

corporations are always evil, atheists are great, God is a woman, or drug addict (Joan of Arcadia),

have you been watching fox news again?

you can oofend no vicitm group but Christians are fair game

yes of course, they even have a reality tv show called "kill the christian", oh wait, they don't.
    but for arguments sake, would you prefer to back to attacking blacks and jews?

Threesomes are great, taking it up the bum imbues you with a specialness all your own.

talk from personal experience?

Hollywood always argues exposure to what they peddle has no impact on behavior but they do not want kids exposed to smoking lest they begin smoking. Sex is OK, I guess they gotta keep planned parenthood busy.

you need to see a doctor, you have some serious psychological problems.

ps- unless of course, if you have a problem with the doctor being black.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 19:11
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    [b]Hollyweird seems to think that kids should not be exposed to smoking, women cooking

do you think they should?
    are you a parent? if so, would you like your kids to smoke?
    women cooking? thats bs.

on the flip side all doctors are black and people have all the sex they want, smoke all the dope they want

I see, you have something ...[text shortened]... l problems.

ps- unless of course, if you have a problem with the doctor being black.[/b]
    As usual the dope haze blinds you and distorts your thinking. Never have I objected to docotrs being any particular ethnicity. Look at the nimbers, however. More on screen docotrs are black both in shows and commercials disproportinately to actual numbers. Hollyweird manipulates these things and decides for us what is noxious influence-wise and what is not. Diversity trumps all else to the detriment of reality. This attitude has even invaded our military. General Casey feels the impact on diversity is worse than the death of 13 of our best and brightest. Think about it. Smoking is rarely seen on screen these days because it might cause children to adopt a bad habit, yet contradiciting itself, unfettered sex, Hollyweird claims, has no influence. Either TV/Media influences behavior or it does not. Can't have it both ways. Demanding a more accurate portrayal of real life is not an excessively big demand. Did you follow the FtHood story in the MSM? One would think the act of a crazed jihadist mulsim simpy lends equivalency to the evil of Christians. The excuses for Hasan were ready made. It was everyone else's fault but Hasan's. Why they even added a new dx to the DSMIV, prePTSD by proxy! And you call me disturbed? Go back to your dope cloud and your uberliberal, euroweenie mindset and leave me the hell alone! You fit right in with their MJ induced distorted world!
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 21:15
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    you must be reffering to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_and_jerry#Controversy
    Yes I am. I want to by the complete unedited set and I don't think I can. I don't approve of racial stereotypes of course, but for goodness sake these are 50 year old cartoons loved by generations of children for the fun and frolics not any occaisional inappropriate few seconds, and the editions could easily have a warning or publishers disclaimer at the beginning where there is an inappropriate scene. The world is going increasingly insane.
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 07:51
    Welcome to the world of PC crap. Hollyweird seems to think that kids should not be exposed to smoking, women cooking; on the flip side all doctors are black and people have all the sex they want, smoke all the dope they want and suffer no consequences. Christians are portrayed as losers, muslims as good, corporations are always evil, atheists are great, ...[text shortened]... to smoking lest they begin smoking. Sex is OK, I guess they gotta keep planned parenthood busy.
    I'm glad to see I am not the only one getting old, my man 🙂

Then again, it's not PC to say it. I guess being Christian is a disadvantage these days 🙁
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 11:25
    Originally posted by Seitse

Then again, it's not PC to say it. I guess being Christian is a disadvantage these days 🙁
    Are you pitching for special parking spots?
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 12:22
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Are you pitching for special parking spots?
    It depends. Got one?
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 12:42
    Originally posted by Seitse

Old is no problem, just gotta live long enough! Christian? Not a problem! Just wait for the next jihadist to blow something up then MSM brings up Christian radiclas. I seem to have missed that last, nasty Christian car bombing. Or was it putting dynamite on a donkey? No muslim, too! SPCA intervens on behalf of donkeys! Way to go SPCA
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 13:50
    Old is no problem, just gotta live long enough! Christian? Not a problem! Just wait for the next jihadist to blow something up then MSM brings up Christian radiclas. I seem to have missed that last, nasty Christian car bombing. Or was it putting dynamite on a donkey? No muslim, too! SPCA intervens on behalf of donkeys! Way to go SPCA
    Dude... you lost me.
  12. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 14:21
    ...all doctors are black and people have all the sex they want, smoke all the dope they want and suffer no consequences. Christians are portrayed as losers, muslims as good, corporations are always evil, atheists are great, God is a woman, or drug addict (Joan of Arcadia), you can oofend no vicitm group but Christians are fair game. Threesomes are great ...[text shortened]... to smoking lest they begin smoking. Sex is OK, I guess they gotta keep planned parenthood busy.
    Yowser. That's some weird episodes of Tom and Jerry you've been watching!

Personal favourites that I can recall off the top of my head are the one with the kangaroo (Tom thinks it is a giant mouse, with hilarious consequences!) and most of the ones with Spike in them (he's a big dog!). Tee hee.

Obviously 'PC-gone-mad liberalism', which is endemic in the UK, screened out all the episodes where people (or anthropomorphised animals, presumably) indulge in promiscuous sex (enlighten me, was this inter-species sex, or were there lady meeces and lady cats?) and even threesomes (I'm guessing Tom, Jerry and Spike) and anal sex (I'm guessing for all his tough-guy exterior that Spike's a taker) with all this fuelled by copious dope smoking (which might go some way to explaining Tom's confusion vis-a-vis the kangaroo/giant mouse mix-up).

And that's before we get to whichever episodes were part of the insidious hegemonic strategy of protraying Christians as 'bad' and Muslims as 'good'. Quite how they managed to balance that with a cat running in to an ironing-board and swallowing it, making his body elongate to the shape of said ironing board, is beyond me, but now I really want to see the episode!

Put another way, there's a sensible discussion to be had on the OP, but the semi-literate moon-howling you gave as response isn't it.
  13. Pepperland
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 18:36
    Yes I am. I want to by the complete unedited set and I don't think I can. I don't approve of racial stereotypes of course, but for goodness sake these are 50 year old cartoons loved by generations of children for the fun and frolics not any occaisional inappropriate few seconds, and the editions could easily have a warning or publishers disclaimer at the beginning where there is an inappropriate scene. The world is going increasingly insane.
    yes, I agree.
  14. Pepperland
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 18:39
    Originally posted by DrKF

Personal favourites that I can recall off the top of my head are the one with the kangaroo (Tom thinks it is a giant mouse, with hilarious consequences!) and most of the ones with Spike in them (he's a big dog!). Tee hee.

Obviously 'PC-gone-mad liberalism', which is endemic ...[text shortened]... had on the OP, but the semi-literate moon-howling you gave as response isn't it.
    priceless.

😛
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 21:01
    Originally posted by DrKF

Obviously 'PC-gone-mad liberalism', which is endemic ...[text shortened]... had on the OP, but the semi-literate moon-howling you gave as response isn't it.
    Put the dope down. Been hangin with generalissimo, dude? Or taking it up the caboose too often and it reached your brains? Alls I can say is whatever!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree