1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    11 May '19 14:091 edit
    @Very-Rusty
    Thanks for the reference, but after reading the posts, practically everyone seems to agree, and I would have nothing original to add.

It's one of those cases where a thumbs up/down is very appropriate- if I agree with someone, I can just acknowledge it without having to reiterate the same comment myself, and others learn that there is more than one person in agreement with the post.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    13 May '19 19:53
    @paul-leggett said
    Ouch! Unbearable.
    Grisly.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 May '19 09:44
    LOL....Funny how a "Congratulations to the Misfits" turned so fast!!!!

-VR
  4. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    14 May '19 14:01
    @very-rusty said
    LOL....Funny how a "Congratulations to the Misfits" turned so fast!!!!

-VR
    I have to say that the last page of posts are pretty much in the character of the misfits, with our private forums putting the pun back in punishment.

Some of it seems to have leaked into this thread. If a thread does unravel, this is a good way to do it!
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 May '19 15:36
    @paul-leggett said
    I have to say that the last page of posts are pretty much in the character of the misfits, with our private forums putting the pun back in punishment.

Some of it seems to have leaked into this thread. If a thread does unravel, this is a good way to do it!
    You and I know had anyone else but me gave "Congratulations to the Misfits" it wouldn't have gotten 8 thumbs down. Now I am not saying you did as you had something very nice to say about it.

I do assume however most did come from the Misfits and perhaps Andy who isn't in a clan at the moment. I am use to it, it really doesn't spoil my day in any way.

-VR
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 May '19 17:42
    @very-rusty said
    You and I know had anyone else but me gave "Congratulations to the Misfits" it wouldn't have gotten 8 thumbs down. Now I am not saying you did as you had something very nice to say about it.

I do assume however most did come from the Misfits and perhaps Andy who isn't in a clan at the moment. I am use to it, it really doesn't spoil my day in any way.

-VR
    Yep, your congrats to the Misfits was quickly followed by posts like:

'I've won more clan games than you or anyone else in your clan. You may add them up and find that I've won more games for my clan that your whole Clan has, that is what I've done!!!'

Do you understand how such posts render your 'congrats' shallow and unwanted?
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 May '19 12:242 edits
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Face it, Rusty, you're the poster boy for TD. It wouldn't have mattered what you posted or who you congratulated. Doubt me? Start another thread, any thread. Heck, you could start a thread about chrysanthemums and it'd get trashed. You'll see.

PS Belated thanks for the congratulation.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 May '19 13:142 edits
    @moonbus said
    Face it, Rusty, you're the poster boy for TD. It wouldn't have mattered what you posted or who you congratulated. Doubt me? Start another thread, any thread. Heck, you could start a thread about chrysanthemums and it'd get trashed. You'll see.

PS Belated thanks for the congratulation.
    LOL....I know and you are right. I step on a lot of toes and rock the boat, so it is all good!!! 😉

You are welcome....I can't resist pulling the chains of some people as you well know! 😉 I give as much as I receive, it is always a two way street. I even hit double digits in thumbs down in one thread, I'll never get as many as Phlabs once got back many years ago, few would remember that, and he was Mod at the time. 😉

-VR
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 May '19 15:291 edit
    @Very-Rusty

This may come as a surprise to some Page One Clans, but there is actually a vibrant clan life below the surface of Page One which is wholly independent of clan standings. Just sayin'.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    15 May '19 16:01
    @moonbus

Hope you are passing that stuff around and not hording it for yourself.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 May '19 17:191 edit
    @shortcircuit said
    @moonbus

Hope you are passing that stuff around and not hording it for yourself.
    Well he gave me a little and I posted in the wrong forum, man it is potent stuff!!! 😉

Doesn't matter much this Congratulation thread got ruined on the first page anyways....I really meant well too!!!

-VR
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 May '19 17:59
    @very-rusty said
    Well he gave me a little and I posted in the wrong forum, man it is potent stuff!!! 😉

Doesn't matter much this Congratulation thread got ruined on the first page anyways....I really meant well too!!!

-VR
    Yeah, chrysanthemums can do that to you, if you're new to them. Stick with it, it gets better.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 May '19 18:10
    @shortcircuit

Do you mean to say you just play chess in your clan? No BBQs? No scavenger hunt? No garage sales, no jamming at the local jazz pub? No raffles, no birthday whip-rounds? No inter-clan beach volleyball or partner swaps?

Smiffy's combination demolition derby and sockeye salmon jamboree (invitation only) is one of the absolute highlights of the year. That and the Kirby Door-to-Door Vacuum Cleaner Salespersons' Deprogramming weekend, which is a flat out hoot.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    15 May '19 21:53
    @moonbus said
    @shortcircuit

Do you mean to say you just play chess in your clan? No BBQs? No scavenger hunt? No garage sales, no jamming at the local jazz pub? No raffles, no birthday whip-rounds? No inter-clan beach volleyball or partner swaps?

Smiffy's combination demolition derby and sockeye salmon jamboree (invitation only) is one of the absolute highlights of the year. That and the Kirby Door-to-Door Vacuum Cleaner Salespersons' Deprogramming weekend, which is a flat out hoot.
    Come on man..... there isn't enough creativity in 95% of the clans.
    Now, in our clan, there are a few things we like to do that sets us apart from the rest.
    I am sure the convoluted minds and smart asses out there will chime in with their "best guesses" as to those activities, but, as usual, they will be wrong.

I really can't tell you because that would spoil the "members only" benefits.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 May '19 11:44
    @shortcircuit said
    Now, in our clan, there are a few things we like to do that sets us apart from the rest.
    I am sure the convoluted minds and smart asses out there will chime in with their "best guesses" as to those activities, but, as usual, they will be wrong.
    I'm thinking one of the following:

1. Kylie Minogue appreciation nights.
    2. Crochet.
    3. Sharing photographs of interesting trains.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree