1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Apr '19 21:48
    Nice to see you on the 1rst page!!! Good Job!!!

-VR
  2. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 11:54
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    7 thumbs down for a congratulations thread.
    Tough crowd.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 12:26
    @roma45 said
    Tough crowd.
    LOL...They are my fan club that follow me around most are from the misfits I believe 😉 Finally they made the 1rst page, if you look at the horses the clan leader has there you would think they would be in the Top 5, but hey it is early yet!!! 😉

-VR
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 13:33
    @roma45 said
    Tough crowd.
    If you'd been paying attention, you'd know that Rusty has been constantly ragging on me about this for the past month.

Not only can he shove his "congratulations" where the sun doesn't shine, but he and his over-rated opinion can kiss my ass.
  5. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 14:01

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 14:19
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    In the context of the last few week's worth of communication, I appreciate the breath of fresh air and take this at face value- and with thanks for noticing!

The big trick is for us to keep it up- even a broken clock is right twice a day, and I hope we will be a little more timely!

Paul
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 15:591 edit
    @suzianne said
    If you'd been paying attention, you'd know that Rusty has been constantly ragging on me about this for the past month.

Not only can he shove his "congratulations" where the sun doesn't shine, but he and his over-rated opinion can kiss my ass.
    First of all Suzie I do not know if you are male or female for sure, so kissing your ass is out the question! 😉

I have been ragging on you since the beginning of the year "Pay Attention" I had also stated around the first part of the year that your team should be a contender and in the top 5 with the clan members you have!! Please try and be more accurate in your accusations.

You are more than Welcome for the Congratulations. You see how I took the high road there? 😉

-VR
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 16:04
    @paul-leggett said
    In the context of the last few week's worth of communication, I appreciate the breath of fresh air and take this at face value- and with thanks for noticing!

The big trick is for us to keep it up- even a broken clock is right twice a day, and I hope we will be a little more timely!

Paul
    I appreciate your polite reply, also think you would make a very good clan leader!

It is just that I had assumed with the Clan members in your clan that you could be contenders for 1rst place being up there in the top 5 is all.

I did rag on Suzie to get more challenges only because I knew your Clan was much better a Clan than to be on 3rd page, with no offfense to those on the 3rd page intended. You can only do so much with what you have to work with in my humble opinion for what it is worth. I do stir the pot alot but don't mean any malice, like to keep the forums lively is all.

-VR
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 19:24
    @very-rusty said
    I do stir the pot alot but don't mean any malice, like to keep the forums lively is all.
    Here's a better idea. Try minding your own business.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 20:05
    @very-rusty said
    First of all Suzie I do not know if you are male or female for sure, so kissing your ass is out the question! 😉

I have been ragging on you since the beginning of the year "Pay Attention" I had also stated around the first part of the year that your team should be a contender and in the top 5 with the clan members you have!! Please try and be more accurate in your accu ...[text shortened]... ou are more than Welcome for the Congratulations. You see how I took the high road there? 😉

-VR
    Yeah, well, enough is enough.

I told you this months ago, but you never listen. You always have to run everything into the ground.

My players like playing chess on this site. It's a pastime, not a second job. My first responsibility is to them, not you. I'm not going to push them into more games than they want. If I wanted to drag a team to number one on the list, I could probably do it, but then I'd have a team that either hated my guts for being a slavemaster, or they'd all quit and I'd be back at square one. I know you'd love it either way, but it's not happening. My ego is not so fragile that I have to be #1 at everything I do, and everyone else be damned, so please, and hopefully for the last time, take your "suggestions" and "recommendations" and shove them. You don't have to constantly berate me over and over (and over and over and over) for not taking your questionable "advice". I'm a grown-up, Rusty, and I'd appreciate it if you start treating me like one. These are my decisions, not yours, and if you don't like it, then frankly, that's too damned bad.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 21:071 edit
    @suzianne said
    Yeah, well, enough is enough.

I told you this months ago, but you never listen. You always have to run everything into the ground.

My players like playing chess on this site. It's a pastime, not a second job. My first responsibility is to them, not you. I'm not going to push them into more games than they want. If I wanted to drag a team to number one on the list, ...[text shortened]... . These are my decisions, not yours, and if you don't like it, then frankly, that's too damned bad.
    LOL@ Suzie Q, what a nice way of putting it, so lady like!!!

I don't know what your Clan wants. Do you?

Act like a grown up and you'll be treated like one, have a temper tantrum like a child and that is the way you'll be treated.

I can't help but note that you have twice as many games played 50 as the closest player to you 25 out of all those players do you know for absolutely sure that no one wants to play more games?

I think that no one wants to cross you because of your temper, but I don't have to be concerned about that because I'm not part of you clan.

Have you thought of asking if anyone wants to play more games? I know your a new Leader, but that is something a clan leader does is ask if any players would like more games.

You have to turn everything into a war of words for some reason!!!

You couldn't even accept my acknowledgement of you making 1rst page without a sarcastic retort. Just comes automatic to you. I think at least one of your clan members handled my acknoweldgement the way a clan leader would handle it.

If you don't like it, well like you put it to me, TOO BAD!!! I'll leave out the curse word you used.

-VR
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 21:521 edit
    @handyandy said
    Here's a better idea. Try minding your own business.
    Andy, it is more of my business than yours as you are not even in a clan!

Oh yes, you have to be a Paying Subscriber Member to be in one! So how does clan business affect you Andy?

-VR
  13. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 21:58
    @very-rusty said
    LOL@ Suzie Q, what a nice way of putting it, so lady like!!!

I don't know what your Clan wants. Do you?

Act like a grown up and you'll be treated like one, have a temper tantrum like a child and that is the way you'll be treated.

I can't help but note that you have twice as many games played 50 as the closest player to you 25 out of all those players do you know f ...[text shortened]... don't like it, well like you put it to me, TOO BAD!!! I'll leave out the curse word you used.

-VR
    You're a dyck.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 22:001 edit
    @wolfe63 said
    You're a dyck.
    And you are a misfit following your clan leaders example!

Why not get her to set up a clan match with my Clan Leader for you and I instead of calling names. We are in the same rating range!!! 😉

-VR
  15. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    01 May '19 00:55
    @very-rusty said
    I appreciate your polite reply, also think you would make a very good clan leader!

It is just that I had assumed with the Clan members in your clan that you could be contenders for 1rst place being up there in the top 5 is all.

I did rag on Suzie to get more challenges only because I knew your Clan was much better a Clan than to be on 3rd page, with no offfense to th ...[text shortened]... rth. I do stir the pot alot but don't mean any malice, like to keep the forums lively is all.

-VR
    Suzianne's skill set matches up very well as Clan Leader, and I am perfectly happy to sit in my assigned seat wherever she points.

I suppose there are many different perspectives and expectations surrounding the whole Clan experience, and I tend to share those with my clanmates. We enjoy our commonalities and appreciate our differences- and we all like chess!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree