A Victory song

A Victory song

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
03 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Startreader
So either it was a late night typo that you won't own (we can all do it but most are brave enough to own it) or it was plucked out of your somewhat unclear (at that hour) mind and you hadn't any more idea what you were talking about than anyone else!

Spalding, for those who don't know, is a town in Lincolnshire famed for its spring bulbs, daffodils, tulips etc. Your cup of tea, Roma? 😀
You proffer a false dichotomy and betray a rather worrying propensity for fabricating values and building arguments on the basis of those fabricated values. If chess has taught us anything it has taught us at least to refrain from assuming anything!

Let it be a lesson to you!

Moves
03 Dec 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
You proffer a false dichotomy and betray a rather worrying propensity for fabricating values and building arguments on the basis of those fabricated values. If chess has taught us anything it has taught us at least to refrain from assuming anything!

Let it be a lesson to you!
Don't you know what dichotomy means?!

Fabricated values? Nope! Serendipitous information, useful to gardeners and flower lovers!

You're obsessed with values, Robbie! Try a different religion or go and do some gardening. It'll do you good!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
03 Dec 16

So either it was a late night typo that you won't own (we can all do it but most are brave enough to own it) or it was plucked out of your somewhat unclear (at that hour) mind and you hadn't any more idea what you were talking about than anyone else!

Spalding, for those who don't know, is a town in Lincolnshire famed for its spring bulbs, daffodils, tulips etc. Your cup of tea, Roma? 😀
Startreader,

I'm not quite as subtle as you are, clearly he was testing some of his new brews. Of course he would never own up to doing so, it would make you Correct once again!!!

-V

Moves
03 Dec 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Startreader,

I'm not quite as subtle as you are, clearly he was testing some of his new brews. Of course he would never own up to doing so, it would make you Correct once again!!!

-V
I know! 😀 😀 😀

rc

Moves
03 Dec 16
2 edits

Don't you know what dichotomy means?!

Fabricated values? Nope! Serendipitous information, useful to gardeners and flower lovers!

You're obsessed with values, Robbie! Try a different religion or go and do some gardening. It'll do you good!
My dear Startreader, the concept is well known to those of us who are used to logic, never the less i will provide a definition for you,

A false dichotomy or false dilemma occurs when an argument presents two options and ignores, either purposefully or out of ignorance, other alternatives.

Where did you proffer this false dichotomy, here. . .

So either it was a late night typo that you won't own or it was plucked out of your somewhat unclear mind - Startreader

and we can readily discern how you presented two options without considering any alternatives, either deliberately, out of ignorance or otherwise I cannot say, but it is what it is. Now you know its a rather tedious affair having to point out your vacant grasp of logic, however, how will you learn otherwise? Please no need to thank me as I consider it as a kind of public service.

Now is not the time for gardening, please try to be more aware. I will begin to plant my dahlia seeds in February though.

Moves
03 Dec 16

My dear Startreader, the concept is well known to those of us who are used to logic, never the less i will provide a definition for you,

A false dichotomy or false dilemma occurs when an argument presents two options and ignores, either purposefully or out of ignorance, other alternatives.

Where did you proffer this false dichotomy, here. . . ...[text shortened]... ardening, please try to be more aware. I will begin to plant my dahlia seeds in February though.
No carefully-stored & overwintered dahlia tubers?

rc

Moves
03 Dec 16
2 edits

No I am growing them from seed. I used to have many tubers but I was busy one year, left them in the ground and the frost decimated them. I know how to take cuttings from tubers so as to get many plants 😀

rc

Moves
03 Dec 16

shall you grow them?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
03 Dec 16

Startreader,

I wonder if he could actually afford to buy them. I hear they are expensive!! 😉

-VR

Moves
04 Dec 16

shall you grow them?
In my garden here I'm afraid the depredations of slugs (rife in mild Cornwall) make it too frustrating a venture. I can't bring myself to kill them and so I grow things they don't like to eat.

Slugs remind me of the forum cheats and liars with whom you choose to associate. Take a leaf out of your good gardener's notebook, Robbie! Leave the dark side and come into the light!

😀 😀

rc

Moves
04 Dec 16

I found that they only liked the really young shoots and if you could wait intil the plants were rather well established in a pot, plant them out when they were more robust. Also I heard that slugs like beer and if one puts a shallow vessel out with beer in it the slugs will go there and get drunk and leave your plants alone. I have not tried this method but it could be a practical solution.

To liken such great ones to slugs I find rather distasteful and unladylike.

st johnstone

Moves
04 Dec 16

St Johnstone 3 Inverness Caledonian thistle 0
Easy win in fact as easy as a easy riders clan challenge against arrow
Karma for mctayto take that you wee cheat
3-0 hahahahahs

rc

Moves
04 Dec 16

Originally posted by roma45
St Johnstone 3 Inverness Caledonian thistle 0
Easy win in fact as easy as a easy riders clan challenge against arrow
Karma for mctayto take that you wee cheat
3-0 hahahahahs
No one cares about your potato farmer football team.

st johnstone

Moves
04 Dec 16

No one cares about your potato farmer football team.
Karma for turnip boy
3-0 mctayto haha haha

Moves
04 Dec 16

I found that they only liked the really young shoots and if you could wait intil the plants were rather well established in a pot, plant them out when they were more robust. Also I heard that slugs like beer and if one puts a shallow vessel out with beer in it the slugs will go there and get drunk and leave your plants alone. I have not tried this ...[text shortened]... tical solution.

To liken such great ones to slugs I find rather distasteful and unladylike.
You clearly don't have the kind of slugs that attack below ground.

Again there are similarities with the unpleasant creatures with whom, for reasons unknown, you insist on associating yourself here.