Short outage

Short outage

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14 Sep 05

Apologies for the short outage today. We are taking action to prevent this happening again.

-Russ

C

Earth Prime

Moves
14 Sep 05

SHORT?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14 Sep 05

And apologies also for the extended forum outage. They suffered a seriously technical issue, mainly that I forget to turn them back on again...😳

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14 Sep 05

Originally posted by Coconut
SHORT?
Well, not as short as we would have liked. But I haven't suspended timeouts as I would on a longer outage.

-Russ

M

Connecticut

Moves
14 Sep 05

Honestly, thanks for the hard work. 🙂 I really like this site, it helps my work-day productivity. 😉

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
14 Sep 05

Originally posted by Russ
They suffered a seriously technical issue, mainly that I forget to turn them back on again...😳

-Russ
Heh heh, that's a bit clumsy!

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
14 Sep 05

Originally posted by Coconut
SHORT?
I also would like to say SHORT?. 😉

But cheers to Russ/Chris for getting us back up and running.

D

s

Moves
14 Sep 05

Originally posted by Ragnorak
I also would like to say SHORT?. 😉
Heh, yeah, "a brief outage", will be back "in a few minutes". 😛

j

Moves
14 Sep 05

compared to some sites RHP has an excellent record when it comers to efficient operation

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
14 Sep 05
1 edit

I've been having problems all week. After I move in 5 or 6 games in a row then the next game won't come up... if I hit the F5 key, I then get the message, "The page cannot be displayed".

I don't know why the site would slow down the more moves I make??
And I don't know why it would lose connection. Sometimes I even have to REBOOT my computer to be able to reconnect to RHP! I'm at a loss as to why this is happening.
Any suggestions?

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
15 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by arrakis
I've been having problems all week. After I move in 5 or 6 games in a row then the next game won't come up... if I hit the F5 key, I then get the message, "The page cannot be displayed".

I don't know why the site would slow down the more moves I make??
And I don't know why it would lose connection. Sometimes I even have to REBOOT my computer to be able to reconnect to RHP! I'm at a loss as to why this is happening.
Any suggestions?
Two possible problems:

1) spyware (most likely)
2) your ISP is having problems with their cache.

M

Connecticut

Moves
15 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
Two possible problems:

1) spyware (most likely)
2) your ISP is having problems with their cache.
I second this.

If you use IE: Tools->Internet Options->click Clear History then Delete Files and see if that helps any.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
15 Sep 05

Originally posted by Morren
I second this.

If you use IE: Tools->Internet Options->click Clear History then Delete Files and see if that helps any.
Thanks guys!

j
KaBoom!

U.S.A. Virginia

Moves
18 Sep 05

Is there anyway we can get a history about this site. Like who made it? Are you/they rich now?

If so they earned it of course.

Thanks again great site.

Joe

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
20 Sep 05

Originally posted by joedrummer2422
Is there anyway we can get a history about this site. Like who made it? Are you/they rich now?

If so they earned it of course.

Thanks again great site.

Joe
Rich, right....lol. I am pleased you believe the admins of this site deserve to be rich though, so I shall be now be imposing a 1% RHP tax on all user's incomes. 😉 Forward all money to the normal address.

This history of the site has come up now and again in the forums, but one day I may document all significant events in the life of this site on a page of its own.

-Russ