1. Joined
    17 Jul '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '04 21:50
    Originally posted by Brad Esta
    I think you should give them time to finsih their games, espicaially if they are a subscriber, and if they are in a clan.
    Also if someone under 13 is in our clan how will we know they are gone?
    Plus, it would be unfair fo rthose who have people under 13 in there clan, if they have to lose all there current games.
    Regards,
    Brad Esta
    Leader of the Teen and Young Peoples Clan
    I think Brad makes a good point about the subscribers under 13 getting to finish there games first. Espcially clan and tournament ones.
  2. Standard memberRemora91
    btch plz.
    Moves
    23 Sep '04 22:13
    Originally posted by interception036
    I think Brad makes a good point about the subscribers under 13 getting to finish there games first. Espcially clan and tournament ones.
    No body should be banned from the site at all. People who are under 13 and already members should stay. And then the age limit should exclude new people. When the members become old enough we won't have to worry about this problem ever again.
  3. The moral highground
    Moves
    23 Sep '04 22:38
    Protected from what?
  4. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    23 Sep '04 23:07
    If you read Russ' post, the choice of 13 as the age cutoff was based on legal requirements. There's not much point in arguing HERE that it should be some lower age. If you think it's arbitrary, go tell the people who made the law, not Russ!
  5. Standard memberpaultopia
    High Priest
    The Volcano
    Moves
    23 Sep '04 23:58
    This is a very good decision.
  6. Standard memberRVGOD
    Leader Tai Pans
    Pa USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '04 01:21
    great idea and good with the childlike forums /play chess chess chess . no friends just chess go russ
  7. Joined
    27 Nov '03
    Moves
    24 Sep '04 09:19
    Originally posted by Remora91
    No body should be banned from the site at all. People who are under 13 and already members should stay. And then the age limit should exclude new people. When the members become old enough we won't have to worry about this problem ever again.
    You are wise beyond your years.

This is the lightness of touch that was required to implement this decision.

I think Russ has been rather heavy handed.

8. Standard memberRemora91
    btch plz.
    Moves
    24 Sep '04 11:19
    Does anyone on here stay here just to play chess??? NO! Part of this site is talking to other people. Thats why I stay here.

And for gods sake. Do you think that the government is going to hire someone to look at every page on the www? No one is going to find out about rhp and even if they do rhp is a UK based site and this law only applys in the US.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Sep '04 12:11
    Originally posted by Remora91
    Does anyone on here stay here just to play chess??? NO! Part of this site is talking to other people. Thats why I stay here.

And for gods sake. Do you think that the government is going to hire someone to look at every page on the www? No one is going to find out about rhp and even if they do rhp is a UK based site and this law only applys in the US.
    Please see my comments in the general forum about this.

-Russ
  10. Joined
    27 Nov '03
    Moves
    24 Sep '04 12:13
    Originally posted by Russ
    Please see my comments in the general forum about this.

-Russ
    Please see my comments in the general forum about this!

Dave
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Sep '04 12:491 edit
    I will close this thread due the disjointed conversation that is developing about the same topic.

Please continue to the 'SAY 'NO' TO AGE LIMIT!!!' thread in the general forum >>>>.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree