1. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 15:52
    How many of you actually knew when the Pro Bowl was on? I never saw any coverage of it or anything and found out Friday or Saturday that it was this weekend. I heard Vince Young played pretty well, any thoughts?
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 15:57
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    How many of you actually knew when the Pro Bowl was on? I never saw any coverage of it or anything and found out Friday or Saturday that it was this weekend. I heard Vince Young played pretty well, any thoughts?
    I turned it on for a minute and watched a field goal being kicked. Neither side even attempted to block the kick or each other. It looked hilariously effortless.
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 16:48
    Thay don't play as a team, and they don't risk injury. Why bother?

Did the weaker conference win again?
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 01:56
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Thay don't play as a team, and they don't risk injury. Why bother?

Did the weaker conference win again?
    No, the AFC won. I heard it on the radio and said, "Wow. The Pro-Bowl is on".

Next I probably got online for a bit and went to bed.

P-
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 03:05
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I turned it on for a minute and watched a field goal being kicked. Neither side even attempted to block the kick or each other. It looked hilariously effortless.
    LOL
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 03:17
    I thought it was on Sunday. I checked in to ESPN to find out the time and discovered I was about 20 hrs too late.

No big loss.
  7. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 06:00
    It's because everyone's getting amped for something entertaining. The NBA All-star game. More people voted for Yao Ming alone than wanted to watch a pro Bowl. It's also retarded how the Pro Bowl is AFTER the Super Bowl. Football does everything wrong, lol.

Can't wait for the NBA Finals. Like other normal sports(baseball), they actually have a best of 7 to truly determine who should win.

Lol, you'd think a sport that only plays a putrid 16 games in a season would have enough energy to play even a BEST OF FIVE, series in playoffs. Even a best of THREE would be decent.

Compared to the 82 games per season plus 4-7 for each round of the playoffs, 😛.

They actually earn their pay
  8. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 15:36
    Originally posted by Hypa
    It's because everyone's getting amped for something entertaining. The NBA All-star game. More people voted for Yao Ming alone than wanted to watch a pro Bowl. It's also retarded how the Pro Bowl is AFTER the Super Bowl. Football does everything wrong, lol.

Can't wait for the NBA Finals. Like other normal sports(baseball), they actually have a best of 7 to tr ...[text shortened]... mes per season plus 4-7 for each round of the playoffs, 😛.

Don't forget about hockey, they do a best of seven! 🙂
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 16:16
    Originally posted by Hypa

Can't wait for the NBA Finals. Like other normal sports(baseball), they actually have a best of 7 to tr ...[text shortened]... mes per season plus 4-7 for each round of the playoffs, 😛.

The NBA all-star game is exciting?? 😕
  10. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 18:58
    The NBA all-star game is exciting?? 😕
    No, not at all. The best part is like the slam-dunk contest and the special contests like that! Other than that it sucks.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 19:09
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    No, not at all. The best part is like the slam-dunk contest and the special contests like that! Other than that it sucks.
    The slam dunk competition sucks too. Last year, the guy took 13 attempts before hitting his dunks. Whoopy.
  12. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 01:49
    The slam dunk competition sucks too. Last year, the guy took 13 attempts before hitting his dunks. Whoopy.
    That was a dorky white guy, and everyone knows White Men Can't Jump. it was a movie, jeez.

Slam Dunk Contest has more ratings alone than the pro-bowl.

They have the 3-point competition the skills compeition, the All-Star game alone is30x better than the Pro bowl.

The only exciting thing in the Pro Bowl was devin hester's amazing run. And that's just because he's a Bear.

LOL, you know the Pro bowl isn't that great when FOOTBALL fans don't even know or pretty much care when/if it's on.

Yet las vegas is dedicating it's WHOLE weekend to the NBA.

I thought Michael Jordan already proved what the best city/player/team/sport/shoe brand/ in the world was already....

Hmm guess some people were sleeping
  13. over there
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 02:28
    I watched some of it but it wasn't very good. The players don't even try.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree