Originally posted by nmdavidb
    27-17

Brett out.

hmmmmm
    Thread 81478

See 4th post, page one.

P-

Edit!

I better go turn my radio on! 27-24 now... and I don't want to miss Jesus just in case.
  3. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 05:10
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Thread 81478

See 4th post, page one.

P-

[b]Edit!

I better go turn my radio on! 27-24 now... and I don't want to miss Jesus just in case.[/b]
    LOL...and I didn't care about this game...but 37-27

Cowboys win.

Dave
  4. Standard memberhammster21
    Endgamer
    Wisconsin
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 05:26
    I'm willing to admit it, the Cowboys outplayed the Packers tonight. The Packers couldn't come up with a stop on defense and never really found a rhythm on offense. Even though the Cowboys won i still think the Pack is the better team.

The Packers were playing without Charles Woodsen. If you saw the game you could see that Jarret Bush and the rest of the secondary had a hard time covering the receivers. The Cowboys offensive line played great and gave Romo plenty of time, not to mention opening up holes for the running game.

I guess another pretty big injury was the fact that Favre got hurt in the first half, second quarter i think. He didn't return for the rest of the game, I hope he's alright. I think the Pack (youngest team in the nfl) were a bit nervous playing. Favre took shots deep into double coverage. The style of the play calling was much different then what we were used to. I think the cowboys are definitely the real deal and played hard and deserved the win, but i think with a healthier and more experienced team in the playoff's, the outcome will be different.
  5. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 05:38
    LOL...and I didn't care about this game...but 37-27

Cowboys win.

Dave
    See I tried to tell you that being a Cowboy fan isn't so bad. Just go with it, it gets better once you jump in there. Trust me. 😀
  6. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 06:02
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    See I tried to tell you that being a Cowboy fan isn't so bad. Just go with it, it gets better once you jump in there. Trust me. 😀
    Still gotta back my Broncos cash...even though they suck

No sunshine patriot here

Dave
  7. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 06:35
    Originally posted by hammster21
    I'm willing to admit it, the Cowboys outplayed the Packers tonight. The Packers couldn't come up with a stop on defense and never really found a rhythm on offense. Even though the Cowboys won i still think the Pack is the better team.

The Packers were playing without Charles Woodsen. If you saw the game you could see that Jarret Bush and the rest of th ...[text shortened]... with a healthier and more experienced team in the playoff's, the outcome will be different.
    I hope Brett will be alright. I think he will be though. Dallas just brought too much rush and Brett let they young guy in to keep from getting killed. More games left to play. I think he probably could have come back in if he really had to but why take a chance. Losing this game isn't the end for them. I bet if truth be told they don't want to play in Green Bay during the play offs either. It's cold.

But Dallas is clearly the better team. Don't kid yourself, Dallas has guys out too.
  8. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 06:53
    Still gotta back my Broncos cash...even though they suck

No sunshine patriot here

Dave
    Broncos have a great history. Great organization. They will be back. A year or two can make a big difference in the NFL.

I guess I am a strange kind of fan, I have many favorite teams except when they play Dallas. Then it's Dallas all the way.
  9. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 07:15
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    I hope Brett will be alright. I think he will be though. Dallas just brought too much rush and Brett let they young guy in to keep from getting killed. More games left to play. I think he probably could have come back in if he really had to but why take a chance. Losing this game isn't the end for them. I bet if truth be told they don't want to play in ...[text shortened]... cold.

But Dallas is clearly the better team. Don't kid yourself, Dallas has guys out too.
    That was actually a really strange to watch. It was a pretty good game, but weird. I didn't agree with some of the calls (that last pass interference didn't look like it was anything, but I'd like to hear how you guys saw it), but that wasn't too a big deal.

What really got me was that the Packers totally abandoned their offense in the first half, except for when Rodgers came in. If we hadn't given up those interceptions, that's a possible 28 point swing (Dallas got 14 points off of them), which makes it a different game, obviously (not saying it would've happened that way, but at least it wouldn't have been so easy).

On a positive note for us, we held the Cowboys to 10 points in the second half.

I really look forward to a possible rematch, even if it is in Dallas. Our defense will (hopefully) have Woodson and our other pass rusher back, and I don't think the offense will be so impatient again (I'm still puzzled as to what they were thinking).

Romo and Co. were scary in the first half. We slowed it down some in the second half, but they'll blast you if you make even a small mistake. Kudos on that.

Still some exciting football left. Hopefully most of America will be able to see the next one. 🙂
  10. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 08:57
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    That was actually a really strange to watch. It was a pretty good game, but weird. I didn't agree with some of the calls (that last pass interference didn't look like it was anything, but I'd like to hear how you guys saw it), but that wasn't too a big deal.

What really got me was that the Packers totally abandoned their offense in the first half, e ...[text shortened]... xciting football left. Hopefully most of America will be able to see the next one. 🙂
    You are right the game was strange. I don't really think Green Bay abandoned anything in the first half because I think Dallas caused it. I don't think I ever saw Dallas go after a Quarter back like they did Favre. They were sending the entire front and linebacker corp at times. It was almost sickening in some ways. Brett couldn't see a thing. That was their job to bring it though and the game plan to stay on Favre and take him out or tire him out. But I think it almost backfired because when they put Rodgers in, Dallas had to settle down because Rogers can run a little bit and had fresh legs. And I really think the Defense got a little tired by that time. Second half wasn't as productive for Dallas because of some key mistakes, but also Dallas was holding onto the ball as much as possible trying to burn the clock and keep Green Bays offense off the field. They had the lead so they sat on it some. If Dallas scored to soon our Defense might not have been able to hold them. Green Bays kicker has a great leg. I didn't think he would make the long one.

As for the Pass interference call, I would have to see it again. I must have been in the fridge.

Side note: * I don't like that rule where you have to maintain possession of the ball after you hit the ground. I think if you catch the ball and tuck it in, and show to have control up to that point of hitting the ground without an opposing player hitting you to cause the fumble then that should be enough. It used to be that the ground can't cause a fumble. Once you touched the ground you were instantly considered down, so therefore no fumble.
  11. Standard memberhammster21
    Endgamer
    Wisconsin
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 09:14
    Weird, maybe thats the word i was looking for to describe the game. That pass interference call was iffy. I thought the db was playing the ball but it definitely could have gone either way. Also what about that pass T.O. caught in the 1st quarter that Al Harris took from him. They ruled it forward progress so there was no pick. And ya that td taken away as mentioned above... It was definitely a close game and could have gone either way. Alot of big plays happened because of the refereeing, but Dallas did earn the win.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 14:34
    Aaron Rodgers looked good in last night's game coming in for Brett. 11 straight completions and 3 first down runs in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Green Bay fans have to be excited to know that they will likely have a competent replacement for Brett should he choose to retire sometime in the future.

Dallas had this game but I wouldn't count out the Packers if they meet again in the playoffs.
  13. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 19:33
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Aaron Rodgers looked good in last night's game coming in for Brett. 11 straight completions and 3 first down runs in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Green Bay fans have to be excited to know that they will likely have a competent replacement for Brett should he choose to retire sometime in the future.

Dallas had this game but I wouldn't count out the Packers if they meet again in the playoffs.
    I agree, they are doing a good job with Aaron Rodgers. With more time with the starters he will be pretty good. He wasn't playing stupid. Worst thing I saw was ineligible receiver penalty from him. That was nothing though, better than taking a sack or throwing an interception and getting killed. I don't know haw the reports turned out but it looks like a separated shoulder and a pinched nerve last I heard. I don't think he will be out long but healing is harder at 38 years old. I hope Brett can play a couple of more years even if it's just back up. Brett love football and I don't think he will just leave the game. Don't be surprised if you see him on the sidelines for some team in some authoritative role. He is one of the highest respected in the game. He has experience and natural leadership skills that are just too valuable.

Cowboys will still win and in Dallas. Count on it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree