Mlb

SubscriberDER HUND
Sports 07 Aug '10 05:58
  1. Joined
    24 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '10 05:58
    Am I the only one who follows baseball on this site?
    Maybe someone can tell me who said that baseball is the "emerald chessboard".
    An announcer I think...
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Aug '10 13:59
    Originally posted by DER HUND
    Am I the only one who follows baseball on this site?
    Maybe someone can tell me who said that baseball is the "emerald chessboard".
    An announcer I think...
    Interesting question, I'd never heard the phrase and google yields little outside of a news letter. The news letter quotes it, but says nothing about it's origin.

I've got good news for Boston fans, the Sox are NOT DEAD... unfortunately, they are all in stable condition at the hospital.

Who do you follow?

P-
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '10 04:18
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Interesting question, I'd never heard the phrase and google yields little outside of a news letter. The news letter quotes it, but says nothing about it's origin.

I've got good news for Boston fans, the Sox are NOT DEAD... unfortunately, they are all in stable condition at the hospital.

Who do you follow?

P-
    Hahaha I love how so many people think that the Rays are out of it just because they don't have the best record in baseball anymore. Got news for all of you Sox fans: the Rays are leading the AL Wild Card race. Wake up and realize that Boston, with all of its injuries, is out of the race. The Twins and White Sox will fight it out for the AL Central, the Rangers have the West, and the Rays and Yankees will take the East and Wild Card in some order. The Rays will win the pennant, though. They finally have the closer that they have lacked ever since they stepped into the playoff discussions the last couple of seasons.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Aug '10 15:171 edit
    Originally posted by golfer1
    Hahaha I love how so many people think that the Rays are out of it just because they don't have the best record in baseball anymore. Got news for all of you Sox fans: the Rays are leading the AL Wild Card race. Wake up and realize that Boston, with all of its injuries, is out of the race. The Twins and White Sox will fight it out for the AL Central, the Rang ...[text shortened]... ey have lacked ever since they stepped into the playoff discussions the last couple of seasons.
    The Rays might very well make the playoffs, but if you think the Red Sox are out of it, at 4.5 games out with 50 to play and no significant injuries right now other than Youkilis (Pedroia's return is imminent), you don't know what you're talking about.

The Yankees aren't either assured of anything. It's 3 teams for 2 spots. The Yanks and Rays have an edge, but the Red Sox can still beat out either or both of them.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Aug '10 17:02
    Originally posted by golfer1
    Hahaha I love how so many people think that the Rays are out of it just because they don't have the best record in baseball anymore. Got news for all of you Sox fans: the Rays are leading the AL Wild Card race. Wake up and realize that Boston, with all of its injuries, is out of the race. The Twins and White Sox will fight it out for the AL Central, the Rang ...[text shortened]... ey have lacked ever since they stepped into the playoff discussions the last couple of seasons.
    CALM DOWN!~

I'd love for the Rays to win out over the Yankees, it would take a miracle disaster by the Rays and Yanks to have the Sox slip by either into the playoffs.

Who thinks the Rays are out of it anyway?

Now I will go add to my sport calendar to laugh at golfer1 if the Sox manage to make playoffs....

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree