1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 21:43
    I am going to pick the Tigers to win it all over the Cards or the Giants, 4-1.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 00:20
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I am going to pick the Tigers to win it all over the Cards or the Giants, 4-1.
    Complete and total domination of a moribund Yankees team. Sweep!
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 00:29
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Complete and total domination of a moribund Yankees team. Sweep!
    Congrats!! Now try not to let them get stale while waiting for St. Louis to finish things off in the NL.

Then try to duck "the magic"!!
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 17:37
    Both teams will have great magic working for them. However, Tigers pitching is certainly up to the task. I don't see Verlander dropping a game. The other starters are awesome too. I dunno. Tigers are looking mighty sharp other than they disposed of a hapless, listless team whereas Cards are disposing of a very, very good Giants team!
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 11:17
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Both teams will have great magic working for them. However, Tigers pitching is certainly up to the task. I don't see Verlander dropping a game. The other starters are awesome too. I dunno. Tigers are looking mighty sharp other than they disposed of a hapless, listless team whereas Cards are disposing of a very, very good Giants team!
    I am picking the Tigers in six. Giants won't quiet Cabrera the way they quieted down the Cardinal bats.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 13:31
    I really like Jim Leyland and Bruce Bochy as managers. The Giants have played the
    best with their backs against the wall. The Tigers haven't really been tested outside of
    being stretched to 5 games in the first series. Justin Verlander is hands down, the best
    pitcher for either side. Both sides have ample firepower hitting-wise. The only chink in
    the Tiger's armor is a muddled closer position. I think Detroit gets the edge in starting
    pitching. The Giants have the edge in the bullpen, albeit a slight edge. I think this
    series will be close, but I think the Tigers will prevail.
  7. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 14:311 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I really like Jim Leyland and Bruce Bochy as managers. The Giants have played the
    best with their backs against the wall. The Tigers haven't really been tested outside of
    being stretched to 5 games in the first series. Justin Verlander is hands down, the best
    pitcher for either side. Both sides have ample firepower hitting-wise. The only chink in ...[text shortened]... albeit a slight edge. I think this
    Go, National League!

I'm split with this one. The Marlins graciously, fortuitously gave up the ANIBAL, Omar Infante, and much earlier Cabrera to the Detroit kitties.

And, of course Jim Leyland is a great coach. 😉

I have to believe the Giants are too much on a roll, they've faced how many elimination games in a row? This has become a pattern lately not just with the Giants.

I must say neither franchise have ever met each other in the BIG one.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 18:08
    pitcher for either side. Both sides have ample firepower hitting-wise. The only chink in ...[text shortened]... albeit a slight edge. I think this
    I felt the same way and that's why I picked the Yankees over Tigers. However, in that series Phil Coke really came of age. I also don't think their regular closer, Valverde, will continue his slump. The way Tigers emasculated a feisty Yankees team was impressive even without Jeter. After all they did it with pitching. I thought Verlander was magnificent. I like him of Zito tonight.
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 02:38
    I felt the same way and that's why I picked the Yankees over Tigers. However, in that series Phil Coke really came of age. I also don't think their regular closer, Valverde, will continue his slump. The way Tigers emasculated a feisty Yankees team was impressive even without Jeter. After all they did it with pitching. I thought Verlander was magnificent. I like him of Zito tonight.
    Wow! Some drubbing of the Tigers.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 04:12
    Wow! Some drubbing of the Tigers.
    It is one game.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 11:35
    It is one game.
    No question, but the way they lost, without hustle, meekly, sans fight was disappointing indeed. Valverde is obviously not back and has mental issues impeding his comeback. I did not like what I saw one bit. When it makes you have flashbacks of 2010, when it makes it seem like Tigers are simply happy to just be there. I stand by my pick, but I did not like what I saw one bit!
  12. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 20:11
    No question, but the way they lost, without hustle, meekly, sans fight was disappointing indeed. Valverde is obviously not back and has mental issues impeding his comeback. I did not like what I saw one bit. When it makes you have flashbacks of 2010, when it makes it seem like Tigers are simply happy to just be there. I stand by my pick, but I did not like what I saw one bit!
    It was shocking how they picked apart Verlander last night. Made him look mediocre, and not just Sandoval, who seemingly could have won the game batting by himself! 😲
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 22:37
    Just curious is rwingett has tickets to all three WS games in Detroit??
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 12:17
    Just curious is rwingett has tickets to all three WS games in Detroit??
    Even that does not look like it would help the hapless Tigers. No hustle, no bounces going their way, black cloud over each batter. How many hits last night? 2? Dismal performance. They made Bumgarner look like an ace!
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 14:11
    Tigers will win it. You heard it here first.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree