1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 14:43
    Originally posted by Traveling Again
    On some tissue paper at my office. I gave it to one of my co-workers. He can vouch for me.

I'm the real deal when it comes to predictions. Must be the Texas blood in me. 😉
    I know that co-worker and he is an outright liar!! Your testimony holds no credibility. Your claim is dismissed and you never uttered such a prediction.
    Run along now!!
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 23:09
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I know that co-worker and he is an outright liar!! Your testimony holds no credibility. Your claim is dismissed and you never uttered such a prediction.
    Run along now!!
    Wasn't your prediction that the Angels would win the World Series? How'd that work out?

Looks like my prediction regarding Pedro's second Series start was dead on as was my predictions for the League Championships and WS. Your's? Not so much.

Have a nice day dreaming about "out performing" me.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 16:05
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Wasn't your prediction that the Angels would win the World Series? How'd that work out?

Looks like my prediction regarding Pedro's second Series start was dead on as was my predictions for the League Championships and WS. Your's? Not so much.

Hey there Bozo..... My predictions were BEFORE the season started, before trades and injuries, and before you knew who exactly would be in. You screwed up 3 of 4 in the first round alone, when you had all the information.

Believe me, you got toasted. Now crawl back into your hole!!
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 16:09

Well, let's review the predictions.

I stuck with the Angels and they lost to the Yankees.
    I had already projected the Phillies from the beginning of the year.
    I also chose the Yankees to win the series because they beat the team i projected (at the beginning of the year) to win the series.

Now then, adding up all of the predictions, you were behind me....again.

And, if you want to really measure performance, pick up a bat and watch an old man make you look silly. Have a nice day in wonderland Alice!!
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 19:08
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Well, let's review the predictions.

I stuck with the Angels and they lost to the Yankees.
    I had already projected the Phillies from the beginning of the year.
    I also chose the Yankees to win the series because they beat the team i projected (at the beginning of the year) to win the series.

Now then, adding up all of the predictions, you were beh ...[text shortened]... , pick up a bat and watch an old man make you look silly. Have a nice day in wonderland Alice!!
    Math must not be taught in Texas. I went 5-3 in the predictions for this thread. You made no predictions at all for the Yankee-Minnesota or Dodger-Cardinal series and if you ever took the SAT, you'd know that if you don't mark the box, it's counted as wrong. So giving you all the benefit of the doubt, you get 3 right for the Twins winning the AL Central and for the Phillies and Angels winning their first round series, 1 right for the Phillies winning the NLCS and 1 right for your half hearted pick of the Yankees (you left plenty of hedge room in your posts so you could come back and say "I really liked the Phils" if the series turned the other way). You had every opportunity to factor in roster changes, injuries and so forth in your predictions but declined to do so, so that excuse is pretty lame. At best, your change of heart for the WS pulled you even but I'd say my accurate prediction that Pedro would get rocked in his second start gives me the tie breaker.

You should just admit you were out-picked in this thread and be done with it.
  6. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 20:54
    if you ever took the SAT, you'd know that if you don't mark the box, it's counted as wrong.
    Just for the record if you leave something out on the SAT it is not marked right or wrong. You get one point for each correct answer and lose a quarter of a point for each wrong answer (on multiple choice questions).
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Nov '09 03:24
    Math must not be taught in Texas. I went 5-3 in the predictions for this thread. You made no predictions at all for the Yankee-Minnesota or Dodger-Cardinal series and if you ever took the SAT, you'd know that if you don't mark the box, it's counted as wrong. So giving you all the benefit of the doubt, you get 3 right for the Twins winning the AL Central ...[text shortened]...

You should just admit you were out-picked in this thread and be done with it.
    Nope. Not going to admit that because it just ain't true. If you like I'll match SAT scores with you too. I'm sure you took it. You are skewing this thing anyway you can to avoid admitting you got drilled. Even in your scenario, the worst I picked was 5-3 idiot!! Maybe they didn't teach math where you grew up.

Your predictions on Pedro were 1 out of 2 because you said he would get rocked the first time and he didn't. If you keep backing up, you are gonna fall off that bridge. I love the way you automatically dismiss the fact that I projected all six division winners Before the season started. That smoked you too. Then you go trying to wrangle some tie breaker that never existed?? You are a huge joke. You are a legend in your own mind, but you ain't squat to me. Have a nice day loser!!
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Nov '09 03:26
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Just for the record if you leave something out on the SAT it is not marked right or wrong. You get one point for each correct answer and lose a quarter of a point for each wrong answer (on multiple choice questions).
    That is exactly correct. That means he really got skunked. LOL
  9. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    07 Nov '09 22:03
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    Yanks in 6
    Congrats on the call, YB.
  10. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 00:29
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    Congrats on the call, YB.
    Thanks Flea. Well fought series. I was on the edge of my seat every game.
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 03:50
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    Thanks Flea. Well fought series. I was on the edge of my seat every game.
    Who do you think the Yankees will play next year in the playoffs?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree