1. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 02:17
    Any odds on Saints going down by a margin of less than 3?

Southampton are struggling badly in the coke as they try to use academy players to get by with tight rrssssed owners.

I would just love Adam Lallana to get a decent goal for Saints.
    Then again if he did score someone would buy him like all the other from Saints academy.

I can't see this being another 1976 FA Cup final. It will be a great crowd and should be a good exhibition. Come on Saints - thrash those Mancs. 😵
  2. In your face
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 02:30
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan

Southampton are struggling badly in the coke as they try to use academy players to get by with tight rrssssed owners.

Then again if he did score someone would buy him like all the other from Saints academy.

I can't see this ...[text shortened]... l be a great crowd and should be a good exhibition. Come on Saints - thrash those Mancs. 😵
    Some odds here: -

http://www.totesport.com/portal/?action=GoEvent&ev_id=388311

Tote odds tend to be less of a deal than online bbokies though.

I'm just hoping ManU don't wear that grey strip again 😞
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 08:02
    Originally posted by jimslyp69

I'm just hoping ManU don't wear that grey strip again 😞
    Wasn't that the 6-2 game where they changed kit at half time?
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 09:28
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Wasn't that the 6-2 game where they changed kit at half time?
    yes, never to be seen again...who won the league that year? all the kits fault 😉
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 10:211 edit

I can't see this ...[text shortened]... l be a great crowd and should be a good exhibition. Come on Saints - thrash those Mancs. 😵
    I think it'll be tight enough. I can see United resting 3-4 players, like Carrick, Ronaldo and Rooney.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Nani (lets see how he responds to the added competition of Tosic), Possebon and Manucho/Wellbeck involved.

Starting line-up...
    Foster
    Rafael, Vidic, Evans, O'Shea
    Nani, Anderson, Possebon, Park
    Manucho/Wellbeck, Berbatov
    Bench: Kuschak, Neville, Fletcher, Scholes, Rooney, Wellbeck, Gibson

Given the enforced absenses of Tevez, Ferdinand and Evra and with Derby only 3 days away, I may have made 1 or 2 too many changes, but I definitely think this is a week where Ferguson will make full use of his squad.

D
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 10:391 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I think it'll be tight enough. I can see United resting 3-4 players, like Carrick, Ronaldo and Rooney.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Nani (lets see how he responds to the added competition of Tosic), Possebon and Manucho/Wellbeck involved.

Starting line-up...
    Foster
    Rafael, Vidic, Evans, O'Shea
    Nani, Anderson, Possebon, Park
    Manucho/Wellb ...[text shortened]... s, but I definitely think this is a week where Ferguson will make full use of his squad.

D
    i kind of want man utd to win the fa cup this year, on previous years i didn't care about it but after last year when i didn't even watch the final it would be nice to see 2 of the top sides in the final.
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 11:02
    Originally posted by trev33
    i kind of want man utd to win the fa cup this year, on previous years i didn't care about it but after last year when i didn't even watch the final it would be nice to see 2 of the top sides in the final.
    I want United to win everything. And they have the squad to compete in all competitions. Last year's FA cup was just one of those things... Had we beaten Pompey, we'd have been red hot favourites to win the cup.

D
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 14:20
    I want United to win everything. And they have the squad to compete in all competitions. Last year's FA cup was just one of those things... Had we beaten Pompey, we'd have been red hot favourites to win the cup.

D
    that was the only fa cup game i saw last year and tbh it probably did man utd a favor. they probably would have won the cup but with the extra games the PL and CL would have been a lot more difficult.

i can see inter knocking us out of the CL this year with vidic probably out which makes the fa cup a bit more important.
  9. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 19:17

D
    I would have loved Man U to have thrashed Pompey.

3-0 Man U. over Saints. No coverage at all down under and even the radio just Man U got past a lesser league club... didn;t even mention the score or opposition.. sad.

Good Luck for a clean sweep
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 20:471 edit
    I would have loved Man U to have thrashed Pompey.

3-0 Man U. over Saints. No coverage at all down under and even the radio just Man U got past a lesser league club... didn;t even mention the score or opposition.. sad.

Good Luck for a clean sweep
    If you have access to broadband, you have access to pretty much 99.9% of English games from anywhere in the world.

I use satliveonpc.com which seeminly guarantees a live stream. I've tried other streaming sites and found I got a bit of a run around on them. Others may have had more luck than I. satliveonpc costs 3.85 per year to subscribe to.

[EDIT] Highlights of the game can be seen here. http://www.videoplayer.hu/videos/play/294342
    Should probably work on dial up as well. There may be better quality on line but that was the first result for "southampton Manchester United highlights".

D
  11. In your face
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 23:05
    If you have access to broadband, you have access to pretty much 99.9% of English games from anywhere in the world.

I use satliveonpc.com which seeminly guarantees a live stream. I've tried other streaming sites and found I got a bit of a run around on them. Others may have had more luck than I. satliveonpc costs 3.85 per year to subscribe to.

[EDI ...[text shortened]... ty on line but that was the first result for "southampton Manchester United highlights".

D
    3.85 Euros/year? That's very reasonable.

I've only tried Sopcast for streaming. It is grainy at best of times. that is if you can get a connection at all. It is however free. Woo hoo!
  12. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 04:29

[EDI ...[text shortened]... ty on line but that was the first result for "southampton Manchester United highlights".

D
    That's great, I'll try it. I tried Saints TV and another streaming site but they said it doesn't work outside UK.
    Sky here is ridiculous because of all the superfluous channels you have to rent before you get sport, sport 2 and sport 3 etc.

I knew we'd go down to Man U but one must hold hope.

Cheers
  13. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 23:331 edit
    That's great, I'll try it. I tried Saints TV and another streaming site but they said it doesn't work outside UK.
    Sky here is ridiculous because of all the superfluous channels you have to rent before you get sport, sport 2 and sport 3 etc.

I knew we'd go down to Man U but one must hold hope.

Cheers
    Thanks Rag.. subbed to it here for NZ$9.95 many channels are not off line though inc the one reshowing saints v Man U. could be the time line? Will keep eyes on it.. lots to choose from.
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 07:42
    Thanks Rag.. subbed to it here for NZ$9.95 many channels are not off line though inc the one reshowing saints v Man U. could be the time line? Will keep eyes on it.. lots to choose from.
    It's only good for live matches as far as I can tell.

Also, you'll need to install at least sopcast for the streaming matches. Make sure you read the instructions before you decide you want to watch a match straight away. There can be a bit of setting up involved.

D
  15. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 19:39
    It's only good for live matches as far as I can tell.

Also, you'll need to install at least sopcast for the streaming matches. Make sure you read the instructions before you decide you want to watch a match straight away. There can be a bit of setting up involved.

D
    Thanks again.. did the downloads and set up I think it's working fine - just have to get the match times and channel selections right - may have to get up at 3am... ugh :o

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree