Standard memberPalynka
Sports 23 Jun '07 16:28
  1. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 13:492 edits
    Originally posted by rhb
    The most shocking thing is that premiership clubs are over-valuing players like bent - the latest tv money (the much touted 60million) plus big investors, mean there's plenty of money to chuck around right now. It'll implode again soon enough.

Barca have paid slightly over the odds for an inury prone striker who is getting to the end of his career.
    The interesting aspect of that is that there are so fewsignificant transfers occuring recently- aside from the superclubs like Chelsea and Man Utd, there have been very few major transactions, despite takeovers by billionaires of a clubs like Man City and Newcastle. West Ham have had a bigger inflationary effect on prices than Chelsea this time around. Even with new owners emerging, the gap between the superclubs and second-tier big clubs is huge.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 14:50
    You have to agree with "The most shocking thing about this is that he's valued at £1 million less than Darren Bent"

Letting the best player in the premiership go for £16m is a joke..the downhill spiral since that Unbeaten season continues..

Players loyalty is getting rarer and rarer!
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 15:04
    Barca will surely have a go at the Champions League with that attack.

I just hope my Real Madrid opens the pocket so at least La Liga can be repeated... but Barca looks too mighty: Henry + Toure (and maybe
    Chivu) plus the base that is already there.
  4. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 15:17
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    You have to agree with "The most shocking thing about this is that he's valued at £1 million less than Darren Bent"

Letting the best player in the premiership go for £16m is a joke..the downhill spiral since that Unbeaten season continues..

It is a strange decision as Henry is pure class in so many ways.

If you want to develop youngsters, surely a player as clever as Henry is essential.

i think that wenger has decided to go himself.

Then arsenal fans might realise that they were never a huge club. They have been great because wenger is great. maybe they won't slip down to the Forest level but they could fall far.

Any new manager will get such a hard time for finishing below 4th that you would be crazy to take the job.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 15:19
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    Ah, come on, that's a ridiculous statement to make about this transfer.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree