1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 00:361 edit
    to the Nashville Predators for 1st and 3rd round picks, Scotty Upshall, and Ryan Parent.

Wow, those Preds are gonna be tough.

On the other hand this should make the Flyers even worse for the rest of this season. They're losing 3-0 to the Leafs already in the 1st period. 😛
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 00:40
    Does anyone know if Jeff Garcia can skate?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 01:34
    If Forsberg plays like he can, that is going to make the Preds a real strong contender for the cup after all !!!
  4. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 05:38
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    If Forsberg plays like he can, that is going to make the Preds a real strong contender for the cup after all !!!
    And thank you, my beloved Preds get the best trade of the season. The thing is though, Forsberg has a very painful condition in his right foot and may retire at the end of this year, if he doesn't retire he has said he may resign with anyone, and maybe even the Flyers.
  5. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 13:05
    Originally posted by darvlay
    to the Nashville Predators for 1st and 3rd round picks, Scotty Upshall, and Ryan Parent.

Wow, those Preds are gonna be tough.

On the other hand this should make the Flyers even worse for the rest of this season. They're losing 3-0 to the Leafs already in the 1st period. 😛
    He is coming back to Philly after this season.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 14:37
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    He is coming back to Philly after this season.
    Wanna bet? 🙂
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 14:56
    Wanna bet? 🙂
    Oh yea, they met several times to discuss this very situation and what would happen if they traded him for the remainder of this season. He wants to be in Philly again year.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 15:09
    Oh yea, they met several times to discuss this very situation and what would happen if they traded him for the remainder of this season. He wants to be in Philly again year.
    See you DO wanna bet?
  9. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 15:18
    See you DO wanna bet?
    absolutely. stakes?
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 15:33
    absolutely. stakes?
    10 bones US.
  11. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 15:34
    absolutely. stakes?
    I'm betting PocketKings may be right. He has said he may go back to Philly if he doesn't retire. But for now it's good for my Preds. 🙂 It was a good pickup that will help them in the playoffs. Nashville is trying to do the very exact thing that Tampa and Carolina did and I think they have the power this year to do just that. With a 5-0 win over the Sharks they are looking good right now, they had sucked lately but I think this Sharks win will get them pumped up.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 15:37
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    I'm betting PocketKings may be right. He has said he may go back to Philly if he doesn't retire. But for now it's good for my Preds. 🙂 It was a good pickup that will help them in the playoffs. Nashville is trying to do the very exact thing that Tampa and Carolina did and I think they have the power this year to do just that. With a 5-0 win over th ...[text shortened]... g good right now, they had sucked lately but I think this Sharks win will get them pumped up.
    It's all in good fun anyway 🙂
  13. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 15:38
    It's all in good fun anyway 🙂
    I just think it sucks as to what the Preds had to give up but I guess it's worth it in the short-term.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 15:43
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    I just think it sucks as to what the Preds had to give up but I guess it's worth it in the short-term.
    They talk about the Preds on Canadian sports channels (the best hockey coverage ANYWHERE) is that they have to aim for short term success to bring up attendance so that they can reach some revenue sharing target (not sure of the specifics) or they'll be gone once the lease runs out in two years. 🙁
  15. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 15:57
    They talk about the Preds on Canadian sports channels (the best hockey coverage ANYWHERE) is that they have to aim for short term success to bring up attendance so that they can reach some revenue sharing target (not sure of the specifics) or they'll be gone once the lease runs out in two years. 🙁
    Well I've also heard that it's mainly just rumor that the Preds will leave. The owner has said they have no intentions of moving that they just want to boost up season ticket sales. Currently they are at about 8,600 in season ticket sales and they want to get that above 10,000. I don't think they particularly care about how many people show as opposed to how much money they make. I'm sure they'd be glad to sell out and have maybe half of those people to show up, maybe they'd want more to show up but I don't think they'd really care.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree