1. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 23:522 edits
    I don't know how many seen this but this evening after the winning goal was scored in the Celtic vs AC Milan match an overjoyed Celtic fan ran on to the pitch and gave Dida what can only be described as a very light tap on the cheek. Dida immediately gave chase before collapsing on the ground after a few steps. He eventually was stretchered off the field with an ice pack firmly pressed to his poor injured head.

I haven't stopped laughing since, I currently have the 'attack' on a loop on the tv, pure comedy. I can't find it on youboob yet.

Any thoughts? And yes I agree the fan shouldn't have been on the pitch before you start.

Found it: http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1435095

Another link: http://www.dailymotion.com/search/dida/video/x34j9t_dida-incident-vs-celtic_sport
  2. Joined
    03 May '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 00:29
    i'm just hoping dida's and the celtic fan's behaviour are equally idiotic enough to negate each other.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 14:26
    Originally posted by cadwah
    I don't know how many seen this but this evening after the winning goal was scored in the Celtic vs AC Milan match an overjoyed Celtic fan ran on to the pitch and gave Dida what can only be described as a very light tap on the cheek. Dida immediately gave chase before collapsing on the ground after a few steps. He eventually was stretchered off the field with ...[text shortened]... er link: http://www.dailymotion.com/search/dida/video/x34j9t_dida-incident-vs-celtic_sport
    As I said in another thread, the fan should be banned for life, and Dida should be banned for bringing the game into disrepute.

D
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 14:29
    What in the heck? Why did the goalkeeper just drop like that? Would his team have been awarded something for that? Weird.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 14:32
    A Stretcher and ice pack????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

OH Lordy, that's too much! What a PUSS!
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 14:40
    Originally posted by darvlay
    What in the heck? Why did the goalkeeper just drop like that? Would his team have been awarded something for that? Weird.
    He's actually made a laughing stock of himself!

I have 2 words for Dida...

1) VIDEO
    2) EVIDENCE
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 14:41
    They had just lost the game in the last minute.

Precedent exists whereby a team have been awarded a 3-0 win when a player/referee has been attacked. He's trying to win the game by acting and taking advantage of an idiot.

As I said he should banned for bringing the game into disrepute because the headlines would have read "player assaulted on pitch" or other tabloid shyte.

D
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 14:48
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

Precedent exists whereby a team have been awarded a 3-0 win when a player/referee has been attacked. He's trying to win the game by acting and taking advantage of an idiot.

As I said he should banned for bringing the game into disrepute because the headlines would have read "player assaulted on pitch" or other tabloid shyte.

D
    Gotcha! What a shameful act!
  9. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 14:57
    Has Dida made a statement to the press to 'defend' his actions yet?
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 16:23
    Gotcha! What a shameful act!
    "A poll in Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport took more than 60,000 votes by noon on Thursday in an online poll on Dida - with 83% calling on Milan and Uefa to punish the Brazilian. (Mail)"

D
  11. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 17:022 edits

Remember when Chile got banned from the World Cup qualifiers a few years back? A more extreme case, but similar:

Chile need a result against Brazil, and are losing. Goalkeeper goes down having been hit by a firework thrown from the crowd. Chilean team walk off in protest.

Only video evidence shows the firework didn't hit him. Brazil are given the match, and Chile are kicked out of this and the next competition. The goalkeeper is banned for life (later reduced).
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 17:521 edit
    Originally posted by mtthw
    Remember when Chile got banned from the World Cup qualifiers a few years back? A more extreme case, but similar:

Chile need a result against Brazil, and are losing. Goalkeeper goes down having been hit by a firework thrown from the crowd. Chilean team walk off in protest.

Only video evidence shows the firework didn't hit him. Brazil are given the mat ...[text shortened]... icked out of this and the next competition. The goalkeeper is banned for life (later reduced).
    I hadn't heard of that. Just watched the coverage on youtube, but didn't see clearly that he wasn't hit.

This is the latest on the Dida debacle from Uefa's site...
    "UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Celtic FC following Wednesday's UEFA Champions League Group D match against AC Milan in Glasgow.

Thursday hearing
    The Scottish club will have to answer charges of lack of organisation and improper conduct of supporters (Articles 6 and 11c of the UEFA disciplinary regulations). The Control and Disciplinary Body will deal with this case at its next plenary meeting on 11 October. In addition, UEFA is seeking clarification from AC Milan on the reason for the substitution of their goalkeeper Dida following Celtic's second goal in the match, which Celtic won 2-1."

D
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 18:59
    AC Milan have just released a statement saying that Dida is making a very swift recovery, along with an image of him today.
    http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5577/didacx4.jpg

D
  14. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 10:281 edit
    AC Milan have just released a statement saying that Dida is making a very swift recovery, along with an image of him today.
    http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5577/didacx4.jpg

D
    Thanks I didn't know what to expect but I laughed when I saw the photo. I would just love to hear/see Dida's reaction when questioned about this, if anyone finds this please post a link

Edit:
    Dida should seriously take a look at this video see how a man would deal with this situation. As 2 fans invade the pitch and attack the ex Arsenal keeper, he floors one of them and as he advances on the second he runs away YouTube
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 12:38
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    Dida should seriously take a look at this video see how a man would deal with this situation. As 2 fans invade the pitch and attack the ex Arsenal keeper, he floors one of them and as he advances on the second he runs away http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXxChycLh3k
    Sweet. He's Irish!

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree