1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 11:27
    It's back!

In the Schalke - Porto games, I expect to see a relatively interesting and open match (but neglected) with our mobile offence and dynamic midfield again trying to make-up for Porto's unstable defence. Kuranyi will be a present danger in the are, since crosses and tall strikers cause Porto the most problems to deal with.

I then predict a 1-1 draw and will hope for a 1-2 away win for Porto. I don't see this game ending up goalless, despite opening games of ties being generally more low-key.

What do you think of your teams chances in this round?
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 11:49
    Originally posted by Palynka
    The Mighty Rams will not feature prominently in this round.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 12:02
    Originally posted by rhb
    The Mighty Rams will not feature prominently in this round.
    Any particular English team that you would like to see lifting the cup (even though you're not a fan)?
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 12:16
    Any particular English team that you would like to see lifting the cup (even though you're not a fan)?
    Yes, any of them. Or the Scottish one.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 12:24
    Originally posted by rhb
    Yes, any of them. Or the Scottish one.
    Are you watching any game tonight? What's your prediction about it?
  6. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 13:31
    Are you watching any game tonight? What's your prediction about it?
    I won't be watching the games as I'm out to a bring a dish dinner party, for which I will be making Gujarati Stuffed Vegetables.

Will read all about them on the beeb tomorrow.
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 14:51
    It's back!

In the Schalke - Porto games, I expect to see a relatively interesting and open match (but neglected) with our mobile offence and dynamic midfield again trying to make-up for Porto's unstable defence. Kuranyi will be a present danger in the are, since crosses and tall strikers cause Porto the most problems to deal with.

I then predict a 1 ...[text shortened]... ties being generally more low-key.

I see Schalke scoring home and away. I predict 3-1 on aggregate to the Germans.

D
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 14:52
    Real Madrid will achieve its 10th

😵
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 17:451 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I see Schalke scoring home and away. I predict 3-1 on aggregate to the Germans.

D
    Yes, better if you predict on aggregate because this thread will be long gone after the second leg.

Edit - Isn't it funny that you're making prediction on clubs that you admittedly don't watch?
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 19:561 edit
    Yes, better if you predict on aggregate because this thread will be long gone after the second leg.

Edit - Isn't it funny that you're making prediction on clubs that you admittedly don't watch?
    1/3 of my prediction true so far.

D
  11. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 00:00

D
    You predicted 3-1 on aggregate. That's 4 goals. 1 goal was scored tonight, so that's 1/4 of your prediction true so far.
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 09:352 edits

D
    1/2 of mine. Loser.

Edit - And crap at maths.
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 09:401 edit
    The game went exactly as I predicted (except for Porto's missing goal, obviously). After our trembling defense gave them the lead, Porto's midfield settled the nerves down and from the 30 min mark until the end of the game Porto was mostly in control via our midfield.

The end result is a good one for Schalke, considering the high likelihood of our defense giving them another freebie on the return leg. Still, this game (and particularly the second half) has shown that the initial fear shown by Porto's defence was unwarranted.
  14. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 10:291 edit
    The game went exactly as I predicted (except for Porto's missing goal, obviously). After our trembling defense gave them the lead, Porto's midfield settled the nerves down and from the 30 min mark until the end of the game Porto was mostly in control via our midfield.

The end result is a good one for Schalke, considering the high likelihood of our defens ...[text shortened]... ly the second half) has shown that the initial fear shown by Porto's defence was unwarranted.
    If they score at your place, I'd say it was unlikely that you'll win the tie. If Liverpool score in the San Siro then it's Quarter Final time!
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 10:39
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    If they score at your place, I'd say it was unlikely that you'll win the tie. If Liverpool score in the San Siro then it's Quarter Final time!
    Yes, we're in a dangerours position.

You guys did very well. Want to comment on the game?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree