1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '08 13:14
    Originally posted by Seitse
    In America the best footie is played in Mexico, Argentina and Brazil. Period. What you saw holds right: the smaller teams bring the big ones to their level. That is why you simply cannot understand that a team that ends 1-1 with Peru, like Argentina, or 0-0 with Bolivia, like Brazil, or 0-1 with the U.S., like Mexico, then deliver fantastic football when play ...[text shortened]... to the eye as any top notch Champions League match involving Madrid, Roma, Chelsea, Man U, etc.
    i remember that mexico argentina game in the world cup, you're right it was excellent. i went to a boca arsenal game in buenos aires and it was fantastic, not only the football but just the passion around the stadium, i've never felt anything close to that in england and doubt i ever will. i was in the cheap assed stands just above the nets, fanatic isn't strong enough to describe the why they felt about boca.

anyway with 4 from 9 qualifying to the world cup and a fith going into a playoff i guess argentina and brazil don't really care about the games away to peru or bolivia etc they know they're going to get to the world cup anyway. i'd love to know how many players barzil use, i watched them 3 maybe 4 times on tv when i was their and they never had the same team out.

i was a bit disappointed the copa america wasn't being held when i was their, would have love to see argentina, mexico and brazil play in a competitive match.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    06 Nov '08 14:09
    You've got to just start watching lots of football and eventually you'll get into it and start to really care who wins. I personally find the Italian league boreing and would say you have to pick either a team in the Premiership or the Spanish league.

I started supporting ManU in 1990/1991 because my Uncle and granddad followed them and then my fovourite player ever, Eric Cantona started playing for them who was a real character (liking the players is always a great start)...it was only when they were unlucky to not win the league in 1995 I started to become very passionate about them. It's usually when you feel your team really deserved to win and they don't...that's what makes you really really want them to win it next time!

Another big thing you need is a rivalary...you see for me not only do the press lay into Man U when they lose but our arch enemies Liverpool fans are always close by when we don't do well...

Once you become passionate about a team football becomes 1,000 times more exciting!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree