1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 18:05
    Originally posted by scoop122
    thank you my friend
    itv did a wonderful programme last night and sir bobby charlton bought tears to my eyes. such dignity and love for his friends.
    he and harry gregg are utter heroes
    the amazing thing is how they express regret about being the ones who survived
    no one can deny sir bobby charlton as a world class footballer but surely in these days he is accepted even more as a figurehead of all that is good about the game.
    he is a true legend
    The BBC programme "One Life" on Thurs night featuring Harry Greg's return to Belgrade and then Munich was very moving.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b008x3rh.shtml?filter=azgroup%3Aopq&start=1&scope=iplayeratoz&version_pid=b008x3r1

Link should work in the UK for the next few days.
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 18:08
    Originally posted by scoop122
    thank you my friend
    itv did a wonderful programme last night and sir bobby charlton bought tears to my eyes. such dignity and love for his friends.
    he and harry gregg are utter heroes
    the amazing thing is how they express regret about being the ones who survived
    no one can deny sir bobby charlton as a world class footballer but surely in these days he is accepted even more as a figurehead of all that is good about the game.
    he is a true legend
    The pain in the faces of Harry Gregg and Bobby Charlton.
    Still clearly haunts them to this day.
    I'd like to pay my own tribute to Harry Gregg for his heroics.
  3. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 10:46
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Well said. In a way, that's why clapping is sometimes preferable. You muffle the random idiots.
    Whilst the idiots that ruined the silence cannot be condoned. I feel it was inappropriate to hold a minutes silence at an England game.

This is a United tragedy, the start of United folklore. It was a sad event but it was 50 years ago lets leave celebrations to United. The tribute at the Manchester Derby was fitting and poignant.

Football has become over sentimental and too self important from 7/7 to unknown youth player - the minutes silence is being devalued by the politically correct.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 11:16
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I feel it was inappropriate to hold a minutes silence at an England game.

This is a United tragedy
    Oh right, I thought English internationals died as well.

D
  5. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 11:22
    They did, so did journalists which is one of the main reasons the story remains so prominent.

If they had died on England duty then Wembly would have been the correct venue to commemerate the crash.
  6. Joined
    20 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 12:32
    There is nothing wrong with everyone putting aside their differences and rivalry every now and then whether it be Munich,Heysel,Ibrox or Hillsborough. The respect is there.
    It's good to see and brings back to us that it is a sport and one that is very prominent in our lives.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree