1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 22:25
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “…After all, no one knows the origin of man -not theists or atheists…” ( spellings corrected )

No; most atheists and many theists ( or most? ) know that man evolved and say this because evolution is a scientific fact.

“…For theists it was "created " by God.
    For atheists everything we know came from the Big Bang.
    In my way of thinking there i ...[text shortened]... big bang theory is a theory about how a supernatural “God” just magically created everything?
    I dont believe in "God" with a capital "G" that is a separate entity from the rest of creation.
    Also, what others classify "supernatural" just all falls into the "natyral" category for me.
    And magic? Well, I believe it exists in some forms but it only seems "magical" from our viewpoint. Say walking through walls. That may be an ordinary,everyday thing on another planet.
  2. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    24 Aug '10 10:02
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I dont believe in "God" with a capital "G" that is a separate entity from the rest of creation.
    Also, what others classify "supernatural" just all falls into the "natyral" category for me.
    And magic? Well, I believe it exists in some forms but it only seems "magical" from our viewpoint. Say walking through walls. That may be an ordinary,everyday thing on another planet.
    “….I don’t believe in "God" with a capital "G" that is a separate entity from the rest of creation….”

So does the word “God” to you is LITRALLY everything we see in this world –i.e. “the physical world”?
    -if so:

1, why call that “God”? I mean, why not, just like almost everybody else, call it “the physical world”?

2, if I go and take a leak in the woods, am I pissing on God? 🙁
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Aug '10 10:02
    Absolutely none of us? Can you categorically say that?
    Would you still believe the same if, in your experience, you believed that you had first-hand contact with E.T.'s?
    If i was a betting man, which i am, i would wager a substantial sum of money that no human being has ever been to Mars.

If i believed i had had contact with ET's then i guess i might think differently. But first i would have to rationalise what this 'contact' was.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Aug '10 10:03
    Thank you for the answers, the use of the word "probably" has been duly noted.
    Of course, i can't say anything with 100% certainty.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree