1. Subscribercarystover
    Play while you can!
    Moves
    17 Jan '16 23:11
    Thanks Russ.
    If I decide my enjoyment of this site out ways all the inappropriate bullsh:t that goe on, then I will renew in May. Being part of a team (clan) and competing is what makes being here worth while.
    If we can't fix the clan system then here's an idea that I believe could become the standard for online team chess play.
    Team leaders select team members from a pool of players like a pickup game. Each takes a turn. Number of teams and how many per team is determined by how many want to participate. NEW TEAMS ARE PICKED EVERY YEAR. Let the challenges begin. I understand there are a lot of other things to consider. As a kid playing ball in the neighborhood in pickup games was fun. You never knew what your team was going to look like until you play then you figured out how to win with what you got.
    I have more ideas about this but what do you think?
  2. Here
    Moves
    18 Jan '16 06:47
    please elaborate
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    18 Jan '16 14:41
    Originally posted by carystover
    Thanks Russ.
    If I decide my enjoyment of this site out ways all the inappropriate bullsh:t that goe on, then I will renew in May. Being part of a team (clan) and competing is what makes being here worth while.
    If we can't fix the clan system then here's an idea that I believe could become the standard for online team chess play.
    Team leaders select ...[text shortened]... figured out how to win with what you got.
    I have more ideas about this but what do you think?
    The first "picker is going to pick the highest rated player, the second picker the next highest and so on.
    That's how the auto clan challenge selection works now for both challenges and the site leagues so I can't see any improvement.
  4. Subscribercarystover
    Play while you can!
    Moves
    18 Jan '16 23:24
    Originally posted by venda
    The first "picker is going to pick the highest rated player, the second picker the next highest and so on.
    That's how the auto clan challenge selection works now for both challenges and the site leagues so I can't see any improvement.
    Maybe the chess community, that would like to see a different kind of team play, can take this kernel of an idea and build upon it. To say no improvements can be seen is to say we aren't looking hard enough. Let's try squinting a little.
  5. Here
    Moves
    19 Jan '16 07:06
    Originally posted by carystover
    Maybe the chess community, that would like to see a different kind of team play, can take this kernel of an idea and build upon it. To say no improvements can be seen is to say we aren't looking hard enough. Let's try squinting a little.
    Have you looked at the Clan Leagues ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree