1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 20:041 edit
    I live in the Pocono's in Pennsylvania and got about 80ish % total, but not enough to cast crescent shadows like last time 25 years ago. Was planning a trip to Santee South Carolina, straight down 95 from Philly, about 650 miles one way, I tried booking a room there but all booked up, apparently the entire totality line was booked from Oregon to South Carolina. I asked the hotel how long ago should I have booked to be certain of a room, he says A YEAR ago! So I tried to get my son Kevin interested, maybe have a grandpa, son and grandson trip just camping out close by, like KOA or some such but that was squashed, seems wife went into hospital yesterday, the results came back, MRSA. She is very sick and they are fighting it with Bactrim so we will see how long it takes for MRSA to clear. I did manage to see the eclipse quite well with my solar 20X80 binoculars with solar filters added so got a good view and a couple of sucky photo's, wanted to see if I could get one using point and shoot through the lens of the binoculars but the battery died on the camera but did manage a couple of interesting shots anyway.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 02:10
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I live in the Pocono's in Pennsylvania and got about 80ish % total, but not enough to cast crescent shadows like last time 25 years ago. Was planning a trip to Santee South Carolina, straight down 95 from Philly, about 650 miles one way, I tried booking a room there but all booked up, apparently the entire totality line was booked from Oregon to South Caro ...[text shortened]... noculars but the battery died on the camera but did manage a couple of interesting shots anyway.
    Too many people with too much money.

If you have it, why not blow it?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 07:55
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Too many people with too much money.

If you have it, why not blow it?
    Your MO, anti science.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree