Deleting games

Deleting games

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

ALG

Moves
13 Jun 08

Why can't I delete these games?
Game 5075251 and Game 5075256

F

Moves
13 Jun 08

Originally posted by Thomaster
Why can't I delete these games?
Game 5075251 and Game 5075256
Games cannot be deleted. They will allways be in the archive.

T

ALG

Moves
13 Jun 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Games cannot be deleted. They will allways be in the archive.
Do they count as losses? I didn't even move!

F

Moves
13 Jun 08

Do they count as losses? I didn't even move!
I think they count as looses in yo statistices, but you don't lose any rating points.

Is this some kind of a prank of your 'friend'?

T

ALG

Moves
13 Jun 08

It are unrated set-piecegames, but why can't I delete them, only one move was made.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 Jun 08

It are unrated set-piecegames, but why can't I delete them, only one move was made.
Make a folder called Trash Can or something. Move them there. Never open that folder again!

Also, set yourself so no one can make new games with you unless they ask.

P-

T

ALG

Moves
13 Jun 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Make a folder called Trash Can or something. Move them there. Never open that folder again!

Also, set yourself so no one can make new games with you unless they ask.

P-
There is only one half move made. I can delete all games in wich less than 2 moves are made, except these. Why?

a

Moves
13 Jun 08

There is only one half move made. I can delete all games in wich less than 2 moves are made, except these. Why?
I think you gave the answer yourself. It probably is because it are set-piece games. Maybe they work differently. But I'm not 100% sure.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 Jun 08

You can't delete a FINISHED game.

P-

T

ALG

Moves
13 Jun 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
You can't delete a FINISHED game.

P-
But I can't do anything, those games were finished before I even SAW there was a challenge. Isn't there a rule that you can't loose without moving?

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
14 Jun 08

Rookus sent you these games? Without your knowledge? They arrived at your in-box as finished? There was never a trash can icon for them? Troublesome scam if all of that is true.

T

ALG

Moves
15 Jun 08

Originally posted by MontyMoose
Rookus sent you these games? Without your knowledge? They arrived at your in-box as finished? There was never a trash can icon for them? Troublesome scam if all of that is true.
1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
15 Jun 08

I sent feedback on it. Set piece games are NOT rated, so it didn't hurt you, but it could become a pain to deal with if someone was a spammer. You can use {My Settings}...{My Challenge Settings} in the red bar at the top of the page to limit games that come into your mailbox unannounced.

F

Moves
15 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by MontyMoose
This is true.

You can easily set up a position that has a mate in one in it. Challenge anyone available with this position and the game is going. Then make the lethal move and you have won the game. Your opponent was defeated without even knowing that the game was going.

This is certainly true. It has been done before, and subsequently discussed in the fourum. However, the rating is not influenced, only the win/lost statistics. Indeed troublesome!

T

ALG

Moves
16 Jun 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
This is true.

You can easily set up a position that has a mate in one in it. Challenge anyone available with this position and the game is going. Then make the lethal move and you have won the game. Your opponent was defeated without even knowing that the game was going.

This is certainly true. It has been done before, and subsequently discussed in ...[text shortened]... fourum. However, the rating is not influenced, only the win/lost statistics. Indeed troublesome!
Is it so hard to avoid this?