Password box

Password box

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Earl of Rochester

Restoration London

Moves
02 Mar 07

I keep getting a password prompt box appearing while I am on the site, asking;

"Please enter user name and password for www.rhp15.com?"

What is this?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
02 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by EAPOE
I keep getting a password prompt box appearing while I am on the site, asking;

"Please enter user name and password for www.rhp15.com?"

What is this?
Phlab's site. I guess somebody has an avatar hosted on that site, and he's password protected it or something.

It'll be fixed soon, I'm sure.

D
[EDIT] On which page does the password box pop up?

Earl of Rochester

Restoration London

Moves
02 Mar 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Phlab's site. I guess somebody has an avatar hosted on that site, and he's password protected it or something.

It'll be fixed soon, I'm sure.

D
[EDIT] On which page does the password box pop up?
It seems to pop up indiscriminately every minute or so. . . .

What does it mean "I guess somebody has an avatar hosted on that site, and he's password protected it or something."?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
02 Mar 07

Originally posted by EAPOE
It seems to pop up indiscriminately every minute or so. . . .

What does it mean "I guess somebody has an avatar hosted on that site, and he's password protected it or something."?
As I said, somebody has their avatar hosted on rhp15.com. For some reason, the entire rhp15 site has been password protected, so everytime your computer tries to load the avatar it is asked for a password.

I don't think it pops up indiscriminately. It pops up when you browse a forum page containing one of these password protected avatars.

D

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
02 Mar 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
As I said, somebody has their avatar hosted on rhp15.com. For some reason, the entire rhp15 site has been password protected, so everytime your computer tries to load the avatar it is asked for a password.

I don't think it pops up indiscriminately. It pops up when you browse a forum page containing one of these password protected avatars.

D
Leaving a trail of destruction where ever I go!

I've fixed it, and I'm sorry to everyone for freaking them out. I was trying to get FTP access and made a new user name not realizing that I would screw this site up so much.

All fixed.

P-

R
Out of drinks

On Clique Beach

Moves
02 Mar 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Leaving a trail of destruction where ever I go!

I've fixed it, and I'm sorry to everyone for freaking them out. I was trying to get FTP access and made a new user name not realizing that I would screw this site up so much.

All fixed.

P-
OK, but you lose 10 recs for this. 😛

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
02 Mar 07

Originally posted by RookRAK
OK, but you lose 10 recs for this. 😛
A swift foot to the ass would suffice, please and thank you.

P-

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
02 Mar 07

This problem does happen from time to time, and it causes no end of confusion. We will be forcing people to upload avatars soon, rather than linking as we do at the moment, which will remove the problem and help out everyone with no free web space.

-Russ

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
02 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Russ
This problem does happen from time to time, and it causes no end of confusion. We will be forcing people to upload avatars soon, rather than linking as we do at the moment, which will remove the problem and help out everyone with no free web space.

-Russ
When you do...

I hope RHP "Auto-Gets" the avatar/profile image/clan logo a user has... otherwise, as Sir Topemhat says... "there will be much confusion and delay".

Many of the people I've helped with these images have no idea what to do, and I had to slowly talk them through it. That's a lot of years worth of images by me alone, let alone anyone else who's done this for users.

P-

DS

Moves
02 Mar 07

-Russ
Presumably non-subs would get avatars too at that time? 🙂

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
02 Mar 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Presumably non-subs would get avatars too at that time? 🙂
Yours are already hosted here!
It's us poor subscribers who have to figure out where and how to get these avatars.

You've got it easy
😉

h

Moves
04 Mar 07

-Russ
AWESOME!

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
04 Mar 07

When you do...

I hope RHP "Auto-Gets" the [b]avatar/profile image/clan logo
a user has... otherwise, as Sir Topemhat says... "there will be much confusion and delay".

Many of the people I've helped with these images have no idea what to do, and I had to slowly talk them through it. That's a lot of years worth of images by me alone, let alone anyone else who's done this for users.

P-[/b]
I'll make sure this happens

-Russ

M
living hard

ends of the earth

Moves
05 Mar 07

When you do...

I hope RHP "Auto-Gets" the [b]avatar/profile image/clan logo
a user has... otherwise, as Sir Topemhat says... "there will be much confusion and delay".

P-[/b]
i know what you mean because i usally have to get someone else to help me with my profile pic or forum pic i have no idea as if we could up load a pic directly so much easier...