1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 17:52
    i think it would be interesting to see what your rating would become if you won a game you are playing. So at the game screen you have your actual rating and a sidebar to the game that would show what the rating would become with the different results of the game. probably requires alot of work, but I think it would be interesting to see
    Also, if you are offered a draw i think it would be beneficial to see how your rating would be effected if you accepted
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 18:01
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    i think it would be interesting to see what your rating would become if you won a game you are playing. So at the game screen you have your actual rating and a sidebar to the game that would show what the rating would become with the different results of the game. probably requires alot of work, but I think it would be interesting to see
    Also, if you ar ...[text shortened]... d a draw i think it would be beneficial to see how your rating would be effected if you accepted
    Get Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/)and the Greasemonkey extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/addon.php?id=748). Then install Ouroboros' script (http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/rhp.user.js), and you get exactly (nearly) what you want.

D
  3. The sky
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 18:021 edit
    Also, if you ar ...[text shortened]... d a draw i think it would be beneficial to see how your rating would be effected if you accepted
    If you use Firefox and Greasemonkey, there's a script by Ouroboros which does that.

Edit: Oops, Regneark's reply was faster and better.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 19:101 edit
    I don't use Firefox, but from what I understand there is a script called Ouroboros that can do this for you quite easy.

Oh my...

P-
  5. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 20:54
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I don't use Firefox, but from what I understand there is a script called Ouroboros that can do this for you quite easy.

Oh my...

P-
    Grease Ouroboros...

Never mind.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 00:17
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

Oh my...

P-
    From what I understand, Ouroboros is not a script (but at least you didn't call him a greasemonkey). 😉
  7. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 21:13
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Grease Ouroboros...

Never mind.
    I do not know how well you know Ouroboros but to start greasing him up.....that might be a bit too much just to get a script 😉
  8. Joined
    23 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '06 19:16
    Well, this is not exactly real-time and in the game screen as you seem to want, but perhaps this little tool does meet your need to calculate

http://www.euronet.nl/users/sevenstar/elorating.html
  9. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 02:33
    You can make a pretty good estimate just by experience. Beat an opponent the same ranking as you, you get 16 points. Beat a lower opponent you get less, beat a higher opponent you get more. I can usually work out within about 5 points what the result will be.

It's not precise, but do you really NEED precise?
  10. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    17 May '06 22:33
    Wayne1234 has contributed a patch to:

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/rhp.user.js

to display the new rating after a win/loss/draw. By default, this is turned off in the script since it makes the display a little crowded. To enable this feature:

1) Install the script.

2) Go to 'Tools' -> 'Manage User Scripts...' and then select 'RHP Ratings Calculator' and press 'Edit'.

3) Search for 'var SHOW_RATING_CHANGE = 0' and change the '0' to a '1'.

4) Exit your editor and it should be enabled.
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    18 May '06 10:57
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    Wayne1234 has contributed a patch to:

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/rhp.user.js

to display the new rating after a win/loss/draw. By default, this is turned off in the script since it makes the display a little crowded. To enable this feature:

1) Install the script.

2) Go to 'Tools' -> 'Manage User Scripts...' and then select 'RHP Ratin ...[text shortened]... = 0' and change the '0' to a '1'.

4) Exit your editor and it should be enabled.
    Doesn't seem to be working for me. At its default, I just get NaN NaN NaN instead of the win/draw/loss rating change.

D
  12. Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 May '06 13:37
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Doesn't seem to be working for me. At its default, I just get NaN NaN NaN instead of the win/draw/loss rating change.

D
    It worked before, right?

That part of the code didnt change.
  13. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    18 May '06 16:27

D
    Still works for me.... Pop open the 'JavaScript Console' under the 'Tools' menu and see if there are any errors there.
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    18 May '06 17:33
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    Still works for me.... Pop open the 'JavaScript Console' under the 'Tools' menu and see if there are any errors there.
    Not that I can see.

I was chatting with God earlier (Thread 43557), and he started calling me a "heathen biaatch", and then I called him a biatch back, and he told me my language wasn't very christian, and then my computer went doo-whacky.

The forum script doesn't seem to be working, or the My Games script. Also, the formatting of the scripts is all over the place when I try to edit them.

Did I make Baby Jesus cry?

D
  15. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    18 May '06 17:48
    Not that I can see.

I was chatting with God earlier (Thread 43557), and he started calling me a "heathen biaatch", and then I called him a biatch back, and he told me my language wasn't very christian, and then my computer went doo-whacky.

The forum script doesn't seem to be working, or the My Games script. Also, the formatting of the scripts is all over the place when I try to edit them.

Did I make Baby Jesus cry?

D
    That's really weird. Especially since I've heard that everytime a user switches to Firefox, an angel gets its wings.

Try uninstalling and re-installing the scripts, one-by-one, and see if that helps.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree