1. Joined
    15 Jan '19
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 02:261 edit
    Why doesn't a dot show up for someone who is supposed to be online? In fact, why doesn't it show up for my screen name while I am online for that matter? I want to see if jpnew57b is still online and playing me currently.

Why doesn't a bell still make a double sound after it is my turn to move in a game that I am supposed to be playing now?
  2. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 04:13
    @zzzzz9200 said
    Why doesn't a dot show up for someone who is supposed to be online? In fact, why doesn't it show up for my screen name while I am online for that matter? I want to see if jpnew57b is still online and playing me currently.

Why doesn't a bell still make a double sound after it is my turn to move in a game that I am supposed to be playing now?
    Dot only shows if person has it turned on in their settings.
    Dot only shows if person has made a move in the last 10 minutes.
    Your own dot is never visible to you. Check your settings or ask someone to tell you if yours is showing.
    Can't help with bell things, sorry, I play with sound off.
  3. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 08:141 edit
    @kewpie said
    Dot only shows if person has it turned on in their settings.
    Dot only shows if person has made a move in the last 10 minutes.
    Your own dot is never visible to you. Check your settings or ask someone to tell you if yours is showing.
    Can't help with bell things, sorry, I play with sound off.
    In fact you can see your dot in the lists (Players, tables). So if you moved and go to "Players" and find your name a dot is on if your settings are that it shows.
    Your own dot also shows when posting in the Forums.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 09:46
    @zzzzz9200 said

Click on your icon(top right)
    Click on the "my settings" cog which brings up a menu including sound settings.
    Click on edit and turn the sounds on.
    They may have been turned off in the recent update.
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 09:51
    @ponderable said
    In fact you can see your dot in the lists (Players, tables). So if you moved and go to "Players" and find your name a dot is on if your settings are that it shows.
    Your own dot also shows when posting in the Forums.
    Didn't know the bit about the forums.
    So if I am on here my dot shows to my opponents?
    I find that strange as when I click on someone's dot it says "playing chess "x" minutes ago"
    What will it say against mine if I haven't made a move all day?
  6. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 09:57
    @venda said
    Didn't know the bit about the forums.
    So if I am on here my dot shows to my opponents?
    I find that strange as when I click on someone's dot it says "playing chess "x" minutes ago"
    What will it say against mine if I haven't made a move all day?
    Sorry to have been not very clear. The dot only shows after you moved. But you can see it on the Forum if you have moved.
  7. Joined
    15 Jan '19
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 19:11
    @zzzzz9200
    I heard a bell make a "Dinging sound" for one of my opponent's moves or for when it was my tuen to move if I am not wrong. Why can't I hear it each time?
  8. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 19:462 edits
    #1. You have to check your settings and enable your own green dot.
    #2. It only will appear when you move. It will fade out gradually. If you hover your mouse on someones dot, it will show how long ago that person moved. Once ten minutes have expired the dot will vanish.
    #3 If you have your green dot disabled, it will not appear at all, even if you are moving frequently.
    #4. If you move and then immediately leave the site, the green dot will still show up for ten minutes. So the dot does not mean you are still here.
    #5. You can be logged on all day, but if you don't move the dot does not appear. Only when you move.

(You also have to check your settings to enable sounds.)

I hope that helps to clear it up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree