U-Chess?

Standard memberkw72uk
Help 16 Jul '04 15:20
  1. Joined
    15 Apr '04
    Moves
    16 Jul '04 15:20
    When I go to U-Chess I never see any games/other people, just lots of blankness in the White room. Is this because I'm behind a scorchingly hot firewall, or are there not many people using it?
  2. Serbia
    Moves
    16 Jul '04 18:06
    It is still at it's infant stage, in time I'm sure it will attract much more people. I mean, look at what a great job Russ did (and is still doing) with this site!!
  3. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    16 Jul '04 18:22
    Originally posted by kw72uk
    When I go to U-Chess I never see any games/other people, just lots of blankness in the White room. Is this because I'm behind a scorchingly hot firewall, or are there not many people using it?
    You're prolly there at the wrong times.When I visit U-chess there's always at least a few people around.Usually I go around 6-7am Belgian time,that's 4am UK time(I think).
  4. Zeist, Holland
    Moves
    16 Jul '04 19:31
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    Usually I go around 6-7am Belgian time,that's 4am UK time(I think).
    Man, you're an insomniac! Anyway, UK is always 1 hour behind what they call 'Europe'. So it would be 5-6 AM UK time (GMDT/GMST)
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Jul '04 19:521 edit
    The best thing for Uchess is to contact a few friends, local or here at RHP and see if they want to go there for a game... next thing you know someone else will pop in.

I usually hang for a while at UChess while browsing RHP forums or making my chess moves. I see sir lost there often... and run and hide!

P-
  6. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    16 Jul '04 22:40
    Had my first go at Uchess ... Russ did a great job!!! ... although I lost the very first match of course. 😳
  7. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    17 Jul '04 08:06
    Originally posted by piderman
    Man, you're an insomniac! Anyway, UK is always 1 hour behind what they call 'Europe'. So it would be 5-6 AM UK time (GMDT/GMST)
    I'm no imsoniac,I work nights.The UK is not always 1 hour behind,sometimes it's the same as us as they don't do the silly hour changes every summer and winter but I can never remember when it's the same and when they're behind...😳
  8. Zeist, Holland
    Moves
    17 Jul '04 08:16
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    I'm no imsoniac,I work nights.The UK is not always 1 hour behind,sometimes it's the same as us as they don't do the silly hour changes every summer and winter but I can never remember when it's the same and when they're behind...😳
    Then it's the Belgians that are silly. The British also have daylight saving. Check your TV guide, the regular programs on the BBC are always at the same time (Belgian/Dutch), daylight saving here or not (they wouldn't be if the British didn't have daylight saving because there they would be on the same time, so there would be a shift here). So now Greenwich is not in Greenwich time! 🙄😀
  9. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    17 Jul '04 10:32
    Originally posted by piderman
    Then it's the Belgians that are silly. ...... So now Greenwich is not in Greenwich time! 🙄😀
    That makes it very obvious how silly the belgians are ;-)
  10. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    17 Jul '04 14:06
    I've usually gotten a game. Tho sometimes everybody (6 or 8) are playing each other.
    Silly Belgians? Redundant adjective, but they do have good beer.
  11. Joined
    15 Apr '04
    Moves
    19 Jul '04 09:29
    Thanks everyone.

Only the British would be daft enough to want to change time (about as close as we'll ever get to time travel I suppose).

Almost (but not quite) as daft as trying to put a tax on chips (fries).

K
  12. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Jul '04 12:131 edit
    To add to the confusion of world time zones, daylight savings time, etc. here's a site that may help.....or not!🙄

The main site: http://www.worldtimezone.com/

Daylight savings info: http://www.worldtimezone.com/daylight.htm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree