1. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    03 Apr '04 13:44
    hey sorry to be a pain in the backside again.
    I was thinking about starting a clan as a few members want me to be their leader...i have told you about going away...so could i be clan leader and have a deputy leader to take over when i leave and then when i come back me to take over again...and how would i go about this if possible?
    i realise that this would mean keeping on subscribing whilst i am gone and that would be fine.
    Regards
    Zoe
  2. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    03 Apr '04 14:13
    This was something I really wanted to be introduced but didn't really get a response to it.
    I think it would be great to have a clan member take over the clan admin while I was away, or if I was in need of a break. Someone who could just carry on accepting and setting up challenges.

-Robbo
  3. Over seas
    Moves
    03 Apr '04 14:52
    You could just start a clan and when you go away just close it down temporarily until you get back. Or you could just join another clan for the duration of you time off before your ship comes in.

Mike
    Pres. of The Americlan!
  4. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    03 Apr '04 15:38
    Originally posted by rapalla7
    You could just start a clan and when you go away just close it down temporarily until you get back. Or you could just join another clan for the duration of you time off before your ship comes in.

Mike
    Pres. of The Americlan!
    can you close a clan and temporarily shut it down and open it up again?
    I am openning a clan of all female players so i would like to be a part of this one.
    What sort of admin would i have to do?
    If you could have an admin person and a deputy and leader that would be brilliant.
    Our clan to be has a name and a few members already if it goes ahead.
    How many members do i need?
    I am very new to all of this?
    Regards
    Zoe
  5. Standard membersunsetbeach
    Join our clan!
    Stoke-on-Trent, UK
    Moves
    03 Apr '04 21:17
    Originally posted by purclecow
    can you close a clan and temporarily shut it down and open it up again?
    I am openning a clan of all female players so i would like to be a part of this one.
    What sort of admin would i have to do?
    If you could have an admin person and a deputy and leader that would be brilliant.
    Our clan to be has a name and a few members already if it goes ahead.
    How many members do i need?
    I am very new to all of this?
    Regards
    Zoe
    Hey Zoe,

As far as i know, once a clan has been created, you cannot delete it. What you could do, is just leave it inactive until you get back. It's a nice idea of yours to have a female clan - i would certainly be interested in challenging your clan 😉.
    Clans can have between 1 & 20 members. The only tasks you need to do (as leader), would be to set up games against other clans - by contacting other leaders arranging match-ups etc.

Looking forward to seeing your clan

check out my clan site for more ideas

http://www.geocities.com/jay_ess1980/midlands_chess_clan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James

Midlands CC - the UK's #1 clan
  6. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    03 Apr '04 23:29
    Originally posted by sunsetbeach
    Hey Zoe,

As far as i know, once a clan has been created, you cannot delete it. What you could do, is just leave it inactive until you get back. It's a nice idea of yours to have a female clan - i would certainly be interested in challenging your clan 😉.
    Clans can have between 1 & 20 members. The only tasks you need to do (as leader), would be to se ...[text shortened]... ------------------------------------------------------
    James

Midlands CC - the UK's #1 clan
    okey kokey...will think about it ...i didn't know if it could be left inactive
  7. Standard membersunsetbeach
    Join our clan!
    Stoke-on-Trent, UK
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 12:30
    Originally posted by purclecow
    i didn't know if it could be left inactive
    check out skeeter's clan & you'll see what I mean 😉

http://www.redhotpawn.com/clan/home.php?cid=112
  8. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 12:54
    Originally posted by sunsetbeach
    check out skeeter's clan & you'll see what I mean 😉

http://www.redhotpawn.com/clan/home.php?cid=112
    ok,thanks....and cool home alone picture rapalla!
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 13:391 edit
    Forming a clan, getting several members signed up and involved in numerous games, and then leaving them hanging doesn't sound like a very good idea to me. They would finish up their existing games, then have to sit around and wait for the clan leader to return and get things going again. You would probably return to an empty nest.

What might work for this would be to give the clan leader the option to assign a 'second in command' and have the ability to pass clan control to them if they need to be away for a period of time, and then take control back when they return.

I'm not a clan leader so don't know how it works exactly, but maybe just add a window to the leader's page where they can type in the name of their alternate leader. Then add a button so the leader can pass control to the alternate or take it back.

just a thought,

Marc
  10. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 14:00
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Forming a clan, getting several members signed up and involved in numerous games, and then leaving them hanging doesn't sound like a very good idea to me. They would finish up their existing games, then have to sit around and wait for the clan leader to return and get things going again. You would probably return to an empty nest.

What might work for th ...[text shortened]... tton so the leader can pass control to the alternate or take it back.

just a thought,

Marc
    i have a posible second in command i just need a confirmation that i can do exactly that,
    thx
    Zoe

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree