1. Standard memberMissShell
    living hard
    ends of the earth
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 15:17
    Originally posted by climb2high
    I woke up this morning to see that my flag has been changed. The Quebec flag has been removed from the setting selection also. Why ?

I am a very perplexed client...
    in Australia we have a different flag per state but you know none of us would know what flag is for each state so just be happy your country is Canada.. which you are still apart of has one...

are you wanting to be like the Swiss?

make some better cheese then them then you wil be entitled to a flag of your own better; still make a better chocolate that will do me! 🙂
  2. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 16:56
    The real question is why isn't Quebec a seperate member of FIDE from Canada, you guys have been talking about seceding practically since Canada became a country, you'd think you would at least get into FIDE or something as a seperate country. Just secede from Canada and you'll have your own flag.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 20:40
    Quebec IS Canadian - end of story as far as countries go.
    England, Scotland,Wales and Ireland are separate countries.

The fact remains that, for whatever misguided reason, Quebec had it's own flag here at RHP and it has now disappeared for the thread starter - hence it should be returned or an explanation given - in my opinion.
  4. Montréal, Québec
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 20:55
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

The fact remains that, for whatever misguided reason, Quebec had it's own flag here at RHP and it has now disappeared for the thread starter - hence it should be returned or an explanation given - in my opinion.
    Just for my geographical knowledge, Scotland is a country ? so are Wales and England ? I thought they were all part of Great Britain or UK.

and yes, i am still waiting for an explanation. thx.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 21:25
    Just for my geographical knowledge, Scotland is a country ? so are Wales and England ? I thought they were all part of Great Britain or UK.

and yes, i am still waiting for an explanation. thx.
    They are most certainly different countries.

We had a discussion about your flag last year in site ideas - at the beginning of the thread there was no flag for Quebec, it was added later.

Thread 38820
  6. Montréal, Québec
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 21:53
    ok, i just went through the whole thread.

My thoughts on the subject are that Quebec is a nation as much as Scotland, Wales, Mexico, Germany, etc... The last thing I want to do is start a thread half as long as the other one about this.

I just want to know why my flag is not there anymore.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 22:00
    ok, i just went through the whole thread.

My thoughts on the subject are that Quebec is a nation as much as Scotland, Wales, Mexico, Germany, etc... The last thing I want to do is start a thread half as long as the other one about this.

I just want to know why my flag is not there anymore.
    It is no longer in the list of available flags - you'll probably have to ask the admin for a reason.

Send feedback:

http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/core/feedback.php

[that link works for whatever version of RHP you are using]
  8. Montréal, Québec
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 22:11
    did it yersterday.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 07:50
    I'm not interested in the Quebec flag alone, I want to know the principle, the criterium when a flag is concidered being good enough to have in RHP.
  10. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 07:57
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I'm not interested in the Quebec flag alone, I want to know the principle, the criterium when a flag is concidered being good enough to have in RHP.
    Adding a flag is definately not going to create a massive earthquate in London, I just do not understand. If it makes many people from Quebec happy, why not just add it?

...and why add it in the first place and remove it in the second place and have and argument about bringing it back in the third place?

😴
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 08:15
    Says who? The SNP? They would, wouldn't they?

Come back when England, not the UK, has a representation in the UN or the EU. Until then, "Wales is a separate country" is a fiction devised to keep the Taffia from raising a rebellion.

Richard
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 09:55
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    Adding a flag is definately not going to create a massive earthquate in London, I just do not understand. If it makes many people from Quebec happy, why not just add it?

...and why add it in the first place and remove it in the second place and have and argument about bringing it back in the third place?

😴
    Then your proposal is that everyone who wants his flag should have it? Exactly everyone? So if there are thousands and thousands different flags, it's perfectly all right?

US has a lot of states with its own flag. Same with Brazil, Mexico, Germany... In Sweden we have a number of län and landskap with its own flag, should we include all of these too? And every city or town with a flag of their own... Were should we stop?

I don't want this to be a political argument. I’m more interested about principles. When we agree on them, we can easily see if Quebec falls inside or outside and what provinces more can demand a flag at RHP for their own.

I say that every country that is a member of UN and/or FIDE is a good rule.
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 10:131 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Says who? The SNP? They would, wouldn't they?

Come back when England, not the UK, has a representation in the UN or the EU. Until then, "Wales is a separate country" is a fiction devised to keep the Taffia from raising a rebellion.

Richard
    England was a COUNTRY centuries before the flaming UN existed.
    And so was Wales.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 12:52
    England was a COUNTRY centuries before the flaming UN existed.
    And so was Wales.
    So were Athens, Burgundy, Yugoslavia, and Berwick-upon-bleedin'-Tweed. That doesn't mean they are countries now.
    If England is a country, that's because it (behaves as if) owns the rest of the UK (and if you don't believe it does, ask how it feels to a Scotsman). If you would like the other parts of the UK to be independent countries as well, in fact as well as in politics, well, Tory Blair has promised to leave before the year is done, blessed be, so vote for devolution.

To return to the real subject of this thread: real countries or no, I have no problem with Scotland et al. having their own flags on this site; but I do think that since they do, any other country or "country" which is recognised by the relevant authorities deserves one, as well. Quebec is not (yet) an independent member of FIDE.
    On which note, I'm slightly disappointed (as well as somewhat surprised) that we can't (for the same reason) select Kalmykia as our country.

Richard
  15. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 13:38
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Then your proposal is that everyone who wants his flag should have it? Exactly everyone? So if there are thousands and thousands different flags, it's perfectly all right?
    Why not? What exactly is the problem? What are you afraid of?

If someone wants a flag added to the site, just ask the site admin and they will decide. If things get out of hand, for sure they will come up with some criteria to limit it.

Adje

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree