1. Joined
    02 Aug '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 09:38
    I cannot make this work: it prints the whole page and not just the PGN.

Also there was a facility before which allowed you to request an email of the PGN of a particular game. Has it disappeared?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 13:532 edits
    Originally posted by ptriple42
    I cannot make this work: it prints the whole page and not just the PGN.

Also there was a facility before which allowed you to request an email of the PGN of a particular game. Has it disappeared?
    On the first part of your question, I'm not sure where you are trying to print the PGN from.
    Are you on the page for a particular game and have clicked the PGN tab located to the right of the game board?
    I have looked around a little but have not found anywhere that has an option to print the PGN.

I did find the "email PGN" option in a couple of different places.
    If you are on the "My Games" page and select "manage games" you will see some options on the left side of the page.
    One option is "email PGN".
    Select the games you want first, then those PGN's will be emailed to you.
    You can email several games at one time this way, from any of your game folders.

Here is another location from which you can email a PGN to yourself.
    From any game folder, select the "Info" tab for the game you want.
    There will be an option in the popup box to get the PGN/FEN.
    Click that and you will find the option to send an email of the PGN for that game.

You can also cut and paste the PGN into any simple text editor and print it from there.
  3. Joined
    20 Mar '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 15:24
    On the game page, after clicking PGN I was right-clicking, the "Print" option appearing in Firefox. I now realize that option can only be for the whole page, at least for me with my limited computer knowledge.

But all the rest you describe works perfectly.

Many thanks, mwmiller!
  4. Joined
    20 Mar '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 15:34
    My son, ptriple42, and I share the same computer, and I inadvertently replied instead of him, so happy I was with having our problem solved🙂
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 16:53
    Originally posted by c antunes
    On the game page, after clicking PGN I was right-clicking, the "Print" option appearing in Firefox. I now realize that option can only be for the whole page, at least for me with my limited computer knowledge.

But all the rest you describe works perfectly.

Many thanks, mwmiller!
    When you have the PGN shown, highlight all of it from top to bottom with your mouse, then right click it.
    Use the copy option, then open notepad or some other basic text program and when you get a new blank page, paste the PGN onto that page.
    From there you should be able to print it out.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 19:42
    Yes, that much I know.

Thank you,again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree