My Last Move

Standard memberVarg
Help 10 Jun '03 14:59
  1. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    10 Jun '03 14:59
    Why is it only possible to see the last move in the game i.e. your opponents move?
    I think it would be better to see the last move I made, as this would remind me what my plan was.
    At the moment I usually go to the Game History, which eats server time or don't bother, and my games suffer.
    Is there any chance of this being enabled as a feature.
    In the meanwhile, I think I will write my last move in the notes to myself.
  2. Amsterdam
    Moves
    10 Jun '03 17:27
    Originally posted by Varg
    Why is it only possible to see the last move in the game i.e. your opponents move?
    I think it would be better to see the last move I made, as this would remind me what my plan was.
    At the moment I usually go to the Game History, which eats server time or don't bother, and my games suffer.
    Well...if you could see your last move..some people would complain that they want to see their opponents last move, but I agree with you, always stick to the plan!

Olav
  3. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    10 Jun '03 22:59
    Originally posted by LivingLegend
    Well...if you could see your last move..some people would complain that they want to see their opponents last move, but I agree with you, always stick to the plan!

Olav
    Of course I mean the last two moves i.e. your opponent's last move and the one you made just before that.
  4. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    11 Jun '03 04:39
    Good idea only i would suggest a bit more (the entire game score). That would relieve some of the burden on the server. Java inserting the move history shouldn't be too hard to write since it is only a capture from the data that RHP already stores.

Amici Sumus

Feivel the Freethinker
  5. Amsterdam
    Moves
    11 Jun '03 13:43
    Of course I mean the last two moves i.e. your opponent's last move and the one you made just before that.
    Oke...Russ was talking of something cald a sandbox where you can play the game out, totally with your own moves...so you can see what you think🙂 Maybe that will help!

Olav
  6. Florida
    Moves
    13 Jun '03 02:11
    When you're looking at a particular game, you can click on "Game History" and retrace all the past moves of the game.

Doug
  7. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    13 Jun '03 02:20
    Originally posted by Flash
    When you're looking at a particular game, you can click on "Game History" and retrace all the past moves of the game.

Doug
    Yeah, I realise that, but to do it every time takes a lot of time to access the page, consequently accessing the server and slowing the whole site down.
    Russ said it would be too much of a strain on the server to have the game history automatically load it every time.
    A list might work well though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree