1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 20:58
    I challenged a player in the 7 days ladder(a long time ago). the player hasn't moved yet so the game is listed as not started. as such, his timebank is not depleting.

I might be worrying for nothing since he might eventually return and start playing. but is this an intended behaviour? the first to move player in a challenge might never move(going in a permanent vacation or simply unwilling). if that is the case how do i get rid of that game? what will its result be?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 22:483 edits
    Please, let's not have a rash of ladder threads in the Help forum. It's a new feature, there are many, many things to figure out and tweaks to be made, and there's already a huge pile of reading matter available.

Thread 117832
    Thread 121486
    Thread 121670
    Thread 121713
    Thread 121755
    http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/ladder/index.php (the ladders page itself)
    http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/help/index.php?help=ladders (the ladders help page)

To answer the original question, your game will be binned if it hasn't started by the end of the 7 day period.
  3. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 00:45
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    I challenged a player in the 7 days ladder(a long time ago). the player hasn't moved yet so the game is listed as not started. as such, his timebank is not depleting.

I might be worrying for nothing since he might eventually return and start playing. but is this an intended behaviour? the first to move player in a challenge might never move(going in a pe ...[text shortened]... simply unwilling). if that is the case how do i get rid of that game? what will its result be?
    You cant delete a ladder challenge, so you have to play it. Also if its randomly decided that the defender is white, the game should start anyways. As soon as the challenger sends out the game, timecontrol and timebank should start running.
    Im guessing this is something Russ still has to fix for ladder games.

Id suggest you send feedback if you want a 'quick' solving of your particular game. Or you can wiat till Russ reads this.
  4. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 00:48
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    To answer the original question, your game will be binned if it hasn't started by the end of the 7 day period.
    Where did you get that information?
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 01:331 edit
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    Where did you get that information?
    In one of the information sources I listed above - and I'm not going to read through all that stuff again to find it!

{edit} by "binned" I meant either auto-deleted or it gets a trashcan icon, I can't remember which it was.
  6. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 11:18
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    In one of the information sources I listed above - and I'm not going to read through all that stuff again to find it!
    I did read true all of them and its not there?

Russ did say:
    If you are challenged, the game cannot be refused and it starts immediately.

(Thread 117832, page 2).
    So, again, this would mean that when randomly is decided that the defender plays white, the game timecontrols should start running as soon as the challenge is sent out. Even when white didnt move yet.
    I think this is something Russ still has to fix, or it might be a bug in Zahlanzi's specific game.
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 12:35
    Sorry, my mistake. 🙁 I've just re-read everything and the automatic time-out I was remembering related to how ladders work on another site. In fact, Russ was considering adding a 14-day timebank to the 7-day ladder!

We won't know until the 19th assuming the game started on the earliest possible date (which was 13th, my time) unless Russ happens to read this thread.
  8. Joined
    03 Nov '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 17:23
    The time clock is moving, you just can't see it.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 07:40
    thank you for your answers

as of now, the timer still hadn't started or as one of you suggested, it is not refreshed in the browser. i will wait a few days and probably go the feedback route.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 14:021 edit
    Originally posted by Jasen777
    The time clock is moving, you just can't see it.
    This is correct. You can timeout the game as normal.

edit : And yes, this needs a fix.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree