1. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 16:59
    I'd like to have the message window open above the board for the message sent with the current move. Any way to do that? I get tired of reopening the message log.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 19:191 edit
    Originally posted by carjacker
    I'd like to have the message window open above the board for the message sent with the current move. Any way to do that? I get tired of reopening the message log.
    When you send a message, isn't it visible above the board until your opponent moves??????
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 23:55
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    When you send a message, isn't it visible above the board until your opponent moves??????
    My messages appear in my window. I want the current incoming message to appear in the window - so I don't have to open the message log window just to find - usually no message. So I quit looking and miss some. Is there a better way?
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 01:141 edit
    My messages appear in my window. I want the current incoming message to appear in the window - so I don't have to open the message log window just to find - usually no message. So I quit looking and miss some. Is there a better way?
    My incoming messages ARE displayed above the board - only the older ones are in the message log.
    Aren't yours too?

If there was no message with a move there would be no message box above the board, of course.
  5. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 14:52
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    My incoming messages ARE displayed above the board - only the older ones are in the message log.
    Aren't yours too?

If there was no message with a move there would be no message box above the board, of course.
    OK. If your incoming are posted above the board, and mine are not, please tell me, if you know, how to adjust my settings to make mine work like yours.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 14:58
    OK. If your incoming are posted above the board, and mine are not, please tell me, if you know, how to adjust my settings to make mine work like yours.
    I don't get it. When you are playing a game, and your opponant messages you it is always above the board, and has a 'comic strip speaking box' right next to it.

If there is no message, there is no text to see there.

What browser do you use?

P-
  7. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 15:13
    Do you by chance have your opponent on your ignore list?
  8. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    01 May '07 14:46
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I don't get it. When you are playing a game, and your opponant messages you it is always above the board, and has a 'comic strip speaking box' right next to it.

If there is no message, there is no text to see there.

What browser do you use?

P-
    I have received a message from my opponent which appeared ONLY in the message log, not above the board. I am using netscape 7.02.
  9. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    01 May '07 14:47
    Originally posted by zebano
    Do you by chance have your opponent on your ignore list?
    ignore list empty. Good thought though.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 May '07 19:28
    I have received a message from my opponent which appeared ONLY in the message log, not above the board. I am using netscape 7.02.
    Try Site Feedback. Tell them your problem, your computer, your browser... etc. They can test better than any of us. Is 7.02 the newest version?

P-
  11. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    11 May '07 16:34
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Try Site Feedback. Tell them your problem, your computer, your browser... etc. They can test better than any of us. Is 7.02 the newest version?

P-
    RHP coder Russ has apparently fixed the problem of no incoming message window on my old software. Thanks and the prompt response by RHP is unusual among websites of all kinds, IMHO

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree