1. Joined
    29 Sep '10
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 14:29
    How can I download my games for further analysis? At the moment the only way I can see of doing it is to download each game individually!

Dean
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 13:571 edit
    Originally posted by Deau
    How can I download my games for further analysis? At the moment the only way I can see of doing it is to download each game individually!

Dean
    On the left side of the "my games" page you will be able to get to your various folders.
    When you get there, above the games list you can select "manage games".
    Do that, and then select the specific games you want to download as pgn's.
    (There is a check box by each game, on the right side of the games list.)

After you have selected the games you want, go to the bottom of the page and find where it says to e-mail the selected games to you.
    Do that.

I'm not sure how many you can email to yourself at one time, but you can send more than one at a time for sure.

<EDIT>
    I just tried to follow my own instructions and it appears that the function is not working as I thought. There are some new options that I was unaware of as well.

Maybe sending a single game works correctly. I didn't try that. You appear to want to send yourself several games at once, so that is what I attempted to do.

I tried a few different times to send games to myself but never got the specific games I asked for.

The first time I tried to send all games from one folder that had 54 games in it, but instead I received 100 other games from a totally different folder that I did not ask for. (But I did get 100 games, so that appears to be the limit.)

Next I tried to send my first ten games played on the site from my main archive folder, and instead I got six games that were most recently played.

Experiment with it for yourself and see how it works out for you. I'm not doing it right but that is probably operator error.

But, unless someone else can give better instructions on how to correctly use this feature, you may need to send feedback to site admin to get help with this.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 15:13
    I see now that I should have just stayed out of this one completely. I can't get it to do what I want when following my own instructions. 😳

The "select" boxes by the games apparently have nothing to do with sending pgn's of games.

You will probably just need to send feedback to sort this one out.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 16:26
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I see now that I should have just stayed out of this one completely. I can't get it to do what I want when following my own instructions. 😳

The "select" boxes by the games apparently have nothing to do with sending pgn's of games.

You will probably just need to send feedback to sort this one out.
    Funny, it works fine for me. I get a mail with a PGN containing all three games in the text. Mind you, I did only try three. Something at the back of my mind insists the limit is twenty, but I can't find that on the site.

Richard
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 17:17
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Funny, it works fine for me. I get a mail with a PGN containing all three games in the text. Mind you, I did only try three. Something at the back of my mind insists the limit is twenty, but I can't find that on the site.

Richard
    Could you provide a detailed description of the steps you followed to get three games sent to you in one email?

That might help to find what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 21:482 edits
    The learning process continues, and I think I've learned way more than I ever really wanted to know about emailing pgn's.

On the "my games" page there are several ways to mail a pgn to yourself and they all seem to be a little different, depending on which one you choose.

1. You can go to the individual game and send yourself a pgn of that game from either the main game page or by clicking the "info" tab first and sending it from there.

2. You can go to "manage games" and browse through your various folders, and then go down on the left side and open the "selected games" tab, and then select and download whatever games you want to send by using the "email pgn" option. With this method I have a maximum of 30 games per page and was able to send myself all 30 on the page that was displayed, or just pick and choose specific games. If you have more than one page of games in that folder, it will not allow you to select from more than one page at a time.

3. If you skip the "selected games" tab and continue down the left side to the "other links" tab, you can open that and click on "email games". This option does not use the "select" box shown by the individual games. Instead it will allow you to download up to 100 games, and you can specify the game type, or game time period, allowing you to go back to a maximum of 999 days. (I think this is only the 100 most recent games, by the way.) If you have games going back more than 2.7 years from the present date, you cannot use this option to download those older games. (You can go back to method 2 and get the older games that way as long as they have a game history.)

I think one of the above methods should help to get the results that anyone could want.

This is about all of the effort I plan to expend on this "help" attempt. I don't know if it helps anyone else, but at least I have helped myself a little in figuring this much out!
  7. e4
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 01:08
    You can go here:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/mygames/emailgames.php

And it will email you 100 of your games.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 12:21
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    1. You can go to the individual game and send yourself a pgn of that game from either the main game page or by clicking the "info" tab first and sending it from there.
    I've used this one in the past, but as you say, it only works for one game. That's usually all I want, so that's fine by me.

2. You can go to "manage games" and browse through your various folders, and then go down on the left side and open the "selected games" tab, and then select and download whatever games you want to send by using the "email pgn" option.

This is the one I used this time, and a few times before. It works for me.

Richard
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 14:48
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    I've used this one in the past, but as you say, it only works for one game. That's usually all I want, so that's fine by me.

[b]2. You can go to "manage games" and browse through your various folders, and then go down on the left side and open the "selected games" tab, and then select and download whatever games you want to send by using the "email ...[text shortened]...
    This is the one I used this time, and a few times before. It works for me.

Richard
    The present system is confusing, especially for those of us who do not use this feature very often.

It would probably be much easier if there was only one link for downloading games as a pgn file, and when you get to the page, all the various options could be explained on that one page.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree