1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 00:421 edit
    Originally posted by irax
    If you don't get rating points for victories against cheats won't it cause rating deflation?

Assuming that most removed players are above 1200, they've taken points off other players to get there, therefore when the go *poof* - these lost point are never regained and just disappear off the face of RHP/TFC/CAW/PTIG.

I think we get rating inflation when som games and they end up with a rating of 635, meanwhile others are scooping undeserved gains!
    No, it won't cause rating deflation. Most of us can't even beat the engine, so would have probably lost a couple points in the game anyway. There is no reason for us to get points from this cheater, as we probably wouldn't have beaten them anyway.

If we had beaten them without an engine, we may have got a couple points... but how many? There is no way to know the true rating of the cheater.

You could play a hundred games against cheats, feel your rating is now 'off'... but your rating is what it is... it will always normalize after a few games, because that is your true rating regardless of whom you've been playing.

P-
  2. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 20:19
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I crushed a cheat before he cheated... and it makes me wonder if he started to cheat because he thought I WAS cheating... view my first couple games here, and view that user's graph.

I should have got 7 zillion points!

P-
    You are missing the point. WE (RHP) should have gotten 7 zillion points!

Wouldn't that be nice. Seeing your rating go up a couple of points everytime a cheater is kicked out.

I might hit 1900 eventually without ever playing a game on here again.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 00:01
    Originally posted by el gil
    I was playing with Ah Boy from Afghanistan then suddenly I won for resignation, and a message appeared "Player banned - game won"...how does it happen that a player is banned? what should he do? And especially: WHY DIDN'T THEY GIVE ME THE BONUS POINTS FOR MY WIN??...😏Game 2707424
    Ah Boy was banned for having multiple accounts here at RHP. They have changed the system recently so you do not recieve points from in progress games with banned players. You recieve the win that's it. Sometimes by mistake you might recieve the points. but usually not.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 03:20
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Ah Boy was banned for having multiple accounts here at RHP. They have changed the system recently so you do not recieve points from in progress games with banned players. You recieve the win that's it. Sometimes by mistake you might recieve the points. but usually not.
    It's not really a recent change. No one got points when Ironman was banned however long ago that was.
  5. Joined
    03 Dec '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '06 05:51
    Do y'all sell t-shirts, cups and things like that for promotion?
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Dec '06 12:45
    Originally posted by jwar
    I don't. XNZ, do you?

P-
  7. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    06 Dec '06 14:23
    Originally posted by jwar
    http://www.cafepress.com/rhp001
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Dec '06 14:281 edit
    Originally posted by John of Reading
    http://www.cafepress.com/rhp001
    Where (what page / how) did you find it? I used to know where to find it, but couldn't find it anywhere after searching the front page, and site map.

P-

Found one... Site Map / Support / Merchandise.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    06 Dec '06 18:26
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Where (what page / how) did you find it? I used to know where to find it, but couldn't find it anywhere after searching the front page, and site map.

P-

Found one... Site Map / Support / Merchandise.
    It isn't exactly easy to find. If they actually want to sell some stuff, they should put it in a more prominent place.
  10. Joined
    23 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 20:46
    This may seem like a useless question but how can you tell if someone is cheating? besides maybe an unbelievable score, call me stupid, (not literally now) but how does somebody even cheat on this site? Seems useless to cheat in a recreational game, its not like your chess rating is going to make you cool or something haha

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree