1. Joined
    27 Nov '04
    Moves
    27 Nov '04 20:46
    simply trying to know if this site keeps a record of the messages? Been looking around and don't see them - once I read them thery went where?

And people message me saying I am maxed out at six games- but I have only 5 in my games list. Last night when I signed up- one of my games was cancelled by the opponent- is it still registering as active?

I am on linux/firefox and see that I have to constantly refresh to see when a oponent moves - is there an auto refresh feature that can be added into the site? I don't think it is a browser preference but a wed based thing right?

Cheers
    Pippilotta
  2. London
    Moves
    28 Nov '04 23:21
    once I read them they went where?
    Messages you send to other people go to 'My Sent Items' (from the My Home menu choose My Inbox and then choose the 'My Sent Items' tab). They stay there for a while and then get deleted automatically, I think.
    Messages you receive stay in 'My Inbox' until you delete them or they get automatically purged. You can choose to receive an email copy before a message gets purged.
    Messages you send to your opponent in a game can be viewed by choosing 'Message Log' from the game-playing screen.

maxed out at six games - but I have only 5 in my games list
    It takes a few hours after a game finishes for the 'games in progress' number in your profile to be updated. Only Russ knows exactly why this is ๐Ÿ˜‰ The best solution to this problem is to subscribe ๐Ÿ˜›

is there an auto refresh feature that can be added into the site?
    Short answer: no, it would chew up the site's server capacity and bandwidth. Long answer: Most people asking this question are non-subscribers, who are impatient for their next move. If you subscribe, it is very easy to get more games than you can keep up with and auto-refresh is not a priority๐Ÿ˜

Meanwhile, there are a few things you could do: (1) Choose the option to receive email notification of moves waiting and make sure your email cliet alerts you to new mail. (2) Browse the forums (the Chess forum has lots of stuff to stave off your chess move withdrawal symptoms) while keeing an eye on the 'games waiting' indicator as you visit each page. (3) Nag Russ to implement the RSS feed he has been talking about for the last year or so ๐Ÿ˜ต
  3. Joined
    27 Nov '04
    Moves
    29 Nov '04 17:431 edit
    wow - thanks for all the good info๐Ÿ™‚
    I am all set now

~pippilotta

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree