1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 00:19
    @divegeester said
    Commuting to your workplace is hardly classed as a sport.
    Fair. The subject line does have "sports" in it.

But now I remember I also played a little hockey as a kid.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 00:21
    @gambrel said
    Baseball, I broke all my right hand fingers during a summer.
    Basketball, I played forward, was too awkward at center.
    Football DT was strong but slow
    So we could say you were not well coordinated?

-VR
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 00:22
    @kevin-eleven said
    Fair. The subject line does have "sports" in it.

But now I remember I also played a little hockey as a kid.
    What position in hockey?

-VR
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 00:24
    @very-rusty said
    What position in hockey?

-VR
    Upright if possible.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 00:27
    @kevin-eleven said
    Upright if possible.
    LOL...Do you know the positions in hockey? 😉

-VR
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 00:29
    @divegeester said
    Commuting to your workplace is hardly classed as a sport.
    Nor is scuba diving or floating around with or without a purpose.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 00:34
    @trev33 said
    Nor is scuba diving or floating around with or without a purpose.
    Scuba diving is a recreational sport for everyone, young or old, male or female. It's a gentle activity, not very hard on the body and particularly relaxing. This is what makes diving a sport for everyone. No need to be a top-level athlete - diving doesn't require more effort than walking or leisure cycling.

-VR
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 00:34
    @very-rusty said
    LOL...Do you know the positions in hockey? 😉

-VR
    Not anymore I don't. Plus I doubt we ever had regulation numbers on each side when we played as kids. Probably just two or three on a side. (We were Detroit Redwings fans when we lived in Michigan, but that was half a century ago.)
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 00:402 edits
    @very-rusty said
    Scuba diving is a recreational sport for everyone, young or old, male or female. It's a gentle activity, not very hard on the body and particularly relaxing. This is what makes diving a sport for everyone. No need to be a top-level athlete - diving doesn't require more effort than walking or leisure cycling.

-VR
    I gather that diving also involves knowing how not to drown or how not to let nitrogen bubbles form in your blood (something like that), so it's a little less casual than walking or leisure cycling (where one generally also does not have to maintain peripheral awareness in case of sharks, piranhas, jet-skiers, antique channel mines, or propellers).
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 00:401 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    Not anymore I don't. Plus I doubt we ever had regulation numbers on each side when we played as kids. Probably just two or three on a side. (We were Detroit Redwings fans when we lived in Michigan, but that was half a century ago.)
    I see it wasn't organized just for fun. We use to do that too on a pond just for fun, but we all had a position we played. I was a goalie in organized hockey but loved to play out in the fun pond hockey stuff. I believe I could have played any position Forward center, Left wing, right wing, Left or right Defence, and of course the position I played in organized hockey Goal.

We use to have our most fun on the pond just playing around not really keeping track of the score. Just having fun! We had boots as our net! 🙂

-VR
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 00:43
    Played baseball from age 7 to 14. I played soccer when I was 9 and 10. I played basketball from 10 to 14. I played football from age 11 to 22.

Football played both offensive and defensive lines. My best 40 time in college was 4.9 and had a 32 in vertical.

But only being 6 foot 3 and 260, my football career ended with small school college ball.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 00:43
    @kevin-eleven said
    I gather that diving also involves knowing how not to drown or how not to let nitrogen bubbles form in your blood (something like that), so it's a little less casual than walking or leisure cycling (where one generally also does not have to maintain peripheral awareness in case of sharks, piranhas, jet-skiers, antique channel mines, or propellers).
    Why would you be out scuba diving in known dangerous territory? Death wish?

-VR
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 00:45
    @eladar said
    Played baseball from age 7 to 14. I played soccer when I was 9 and 10. I played basketball from 10 to 14. I played football from age 11 to 22.

Football played both offensive and defensive lines. My best 40 time in college was 4.9 and had a 32 in vertical.

But only being 6 foot 3 and 260, my football career ended with small school college ball.
    To bad, you sound like you loved Football and were very good at it being able to play both offensive and defensive lines, you would have been a very valuable player on your team.

-VR
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 00:48
    @very-rusty said
    To bad, you sound like you loved Football and were very good at it being able to play both offensive and defensive lines, you would have been a very valuable player on your team.

-VR
    In college I only played one way. My last year I played center, the only year I ever played center. Made all conference team that year. We played mostly even fronts so my speed helped me reach defensive tackles or getting to line backers.
  15. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 00:49
    @Eladar

What is your height and weight now?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree