-VR
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Aug '19 14:22
    @very-rusty said
    Still? She never has to my knowledge!

-VR
    Well I have to admit that I have but paid the price. I "lifted" some penny candy from the guy (Mr. Lamarsh, he spoke like and had the same mouth issue that Jean Chretien has) who had a little store across from my elementary school. I got caught and Mr. Lamarsh spoke with my dad concerning my attempted heist, well the time he caught me at it. My dad said that he was very sorry for my criminal activity and that he didn't understand why I would have done it because we weren't "poor". When he got home I got my "just rewards" along with being told that my 25cent allowance was to be halted for a couple of weeks and that I was to repay Mr Lamarsh for any of the candies I might have previously pilfered and that I was to be truthful as to the number I'd "nicked". I did and never again did I steal anything. Oh wait that not true. I did steal some of mums cigarettes ( Sweet Caporals, unfiltered) but that was so she wouldn't smoke as much. Nah, that's not true, I did so to smoke them. Man I was like she said, "A wee tinker".
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Aug '19 14:39
    @great-big-stees said
    Well I have to admit that I have but paid the price. I "lifted" some penny candy from the guy (Mr. Lamarsh, he spoke like and had the same mouth issue that Jean Chretien has) who had a little store across from my elementary school. I got caught and Mr. Lamarsh spoke with my dad concerning my attempted heist, well the time he caught me at it. My dad said that he was ve ...[text shortened]... moke as much. Nah, that's not true, I did so to smoke them. Man I was like she said, "A wee tinker".
    Well if you don't count stealing your moms cigs, you learned a good lesson. 😉

-VR
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Aug '19 14:44
    @great-big-stees said
    Well I have to admit that I have but paid the price. I "lifted" some penny candy from the guy (Mr. Lamarsh, he spoke like and had the same mouth issue that Jean Chretien has) who had a little store across from my elementary school. I got caught and Mr. Lamarsh spoke with my dad concerning my attempted heist, well the time he caught me at it. My dad said that he was ve ...[text shortened]... moke as much. Nah, that's not true, I did so to smoke them. Man I was like she said, "A wee tinker".
    I think you had what you deserved. 🙂 Stealing was a bad thing and we knew it.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Aug '19 14:461 edit
    @torunn said
    I think you had what you deserved. 🙂 Stealing was a bad thing and we knew it.
    Be the truth known we probably all pinched/stole something when we were kids. I once took a cucumber out of my uncles garden. My mother made me take it to back to him. He didn't take it back he told me to eat it and if I wanted anymore to help myself....LOL... 😉 Oh yes, the cucumber was partly eaten when I returned it!

-VR
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Aug '19 14:49
    @very-rusty said
    Be the truth known we probably all pinched/stole something when we were kids. I once took a cucumber out of my uncles garden. My mother made me take it to back to him. He didn't take it back he told me to eat it and if I wanted anymore to help myself....LOL... 😉

-VR
    We may have done some innocent thefts and we learned from that not to continue on that road. Simple morals.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Aug '19 14:52
    @torunn said
    We may have done some innocent thefts and we learned from that not to continue on that road. Simple morals.
    What I remember most is we always respected our elders something I see missing out of todays generation. We called everyone sir and ma'am or Mr., Mrs. or Miss never by their first names. Never talked back to them EVER!!! I don't know what happened to that world.

-VR
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 12:26
    @very-rusty said
    What I remember most is we always respected our elders something I see missing out of todays generation. We called everyone sir and ma'am or Mr., Mrs. or Miss never by their first names. Never talked back to them EVER!!! I don't know what happened to that world.

-VR
    I do. We (our generation) introduced our friends to our kids as Sam or Betty instead of Mr or Mrs whatever. I remember meeting a neighbour of ours (when I was a child) years after I'd moved out of my parents home and greeting her as Mrs Yamoka. She said, "Please call me Mary". I said I couldn't because I always knew her as Mrs. Yamoka. I guess nowadays the same is true with the "newer" generations.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 12:33
    @great-big-stees said
    I do. We (our generation) introduced our friends to our kids as Sam or Betty instead of Mr or Mrs whatever. I remember meeting a neighbour of ours (when I was a child) years after I'd moved out of my parents home and greeting her as Mrs Yamoka. She said, "Please call me Mary". I said I couldn't because I always knew her as Mrs. Yamoka. I guess nowadays the same is true with the "newer" generations.
    I guess times do change and we have to change with them. I just don't like when young people are RUDE to elderly people. Then when you say something to them they say you can't touch me or I'll have the police on you. I've never been in that situation as I think kids are scared of me anyway, but have some friends who are over 50 lets say, that it has happened to and they have physical disabilities.

-VR
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Aug '19 11:51
    @very-rusty said
    I guess times do change and we have to change with them. I just don't like when young people are RUDE to elderly people. Then when you say something to them they say you can't touch me or I'll have the police on you. I've never been in that situation as I think kids are scared of me anyway, but have some friends who are over 50 lets say, that it has happened to and they have physical disabilities.

-VR
    Kids are and always have been products of their "environment".
  11. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    29 Aug '19 22:27
    @great-big-stees said
    I would've thrown yer ass out of the country... The entire goddammit country.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Aug '19 23:16
    @very-rusty said
    but have some friends who are over 50 lets say, that it has happened to and they have physical disabilities.
    Being over 50 is a physical disability!
  13. old pueblo
    Moves
    31 Aug '19 20:03
    @very-rusty said
    We use to have an expression: A penny for your thoughts. Now we don't use Penny's so would need to come up with a new saying:

A nickel for your thoughts?

A dime for your thoughts?

A Quarter for your thoughts?

A loonie for you thoughts?

Or something entirely different?

-VR
    I'm pretty sure "What's your twitter handle?" should cover it.
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Sep '19 11:46
    @mudfinger said
    I would've thrown yer ass out of the country... The entire goddammit country.
    You'd have a hard time throwing a paper airplane 2ft, never mind my posterior out of the country. Who are you anyway? 😠
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Sep '19 16:17
    @wolfgang59 said
    Being over 50 is a physical disability!
    You best hope Andy doesn't see your post!!! 😛 😉

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree