good news day

Standard memberRemoved
General 09 Jan '20 09:47
  1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    10 Jan '20 15:28
    @moonbus said
    They did not ask to be born royal, you know.
    It's not easy. If he stays in the Royal family he is blamed for being a parasite, if he doesn't he gets blamed for that.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '20 15:311 edit
    @badradger said
    Megan Fecking Markle and her dumb arse husband are chucking beeing royal parasites and moveing to Canada(Hard luck Canadians) pity the rest of the royal family could clear of and leave us real Brits alone.
    But the Royals are like domesticated animals. Set them free from their pampered cage to fend for themselves and they will a starve.

Do you want that on your conscience!!!
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '20 16:45
    @torunn said
    It's not easy. If he stays in the Royal family he is blamed for being a parasite, if he doesn't he gets blamed for that.
    You're right, doesn't matter people will not be happy one way or the other, so best to do what he wants not worry about what people will think.

-VR
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 08:20
    @ponderable said
    Thank you for sharing your positive emotions 😉
    she is a selfish bitch and he is an idiot, i hope they get thier royal status and money from the public purse stopped along with security, take frogmore cottage from them or make them pay rent for it.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 10:27
    @badradger said
    she is a selfish bitch and he is an idiot, i hope they get thier royal status and money from the public purse stopped along with security, take frogmore cottage from them or make them pay rent for it.
    Someone can correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe while in Canada the RCMP have to give the Royals protection.

-VR
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 19:46
    @badradger said
    You seem quite upset by all this.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 05:42
    @divegeester said
    You seem quite upset by all this.
    Well all the pomp the amount of tax payers brass wasted on the wedding her clothing frogmore let's get rid of them all bloody scroungers.
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 11:35
    @torunn said
    Are the Swedish Royal Family a bit more self sufficient?

I’ve been trying to find out who gets what in the British RF but it’s not easy to work out?
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 11:59
    @drewnogal said
    Are the Swedish Royal Family a bit more self sufficient?

I’ve been trying to find out who gets what in the British RF but it’s not easy to work out?
    All I know is that they are a rich family.
    (Oct -19) The King has decided that the children of Princess Madeleine and Prince Carl-Philip will not keep their titles as Royal highnesses and thus have fewer assignments enabling them to form their own lives.
    The announcement said "Sweden's king has removed five of his grandchildren from the royal house.
    The decision by King Carl XVI Gustaf means the children no longer have the title of royal highness and are not expected to perform official royal duties.
    They will remain members of the royal family and retain their titles of dukes and duchesses.
    The change has not affected the king's two grandchildren who are in direct line to the throne.

Swedish historian Dick Harrison said the decision was likely made to meet the modern needs of the family, explaining that the Royal House had grown larger than it had been in 100 years and that many thought there was no need to pay so many members or to have them available for official duties.
    Observers say the move reflects a wider view that there is no need to pay so many members of the royal family for official duties..."
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 19:531 edit
    @torunn said
    All I know is that they are a rich family.
    (Oct -19) The King has decided that the children of Princess Madeleine and Prince Carl-Philip will not keep their titles as Royal highnesses and thus have fewer assignments enabling them to form their own lives.
    The announcement said "Sweden's king has removed five of his grandchildren from the royal house.
    The decision by King ...[text shortened]... wider view that there is no need to pay so many members of the royal family for official duties..."
    I think the Queen is considering scaling down the number of royals who get an allowance for their duties? What about the level of reporting on every little detail of their lives as seems to happen here?

I cannot believe the shameful action of the publicly funded BBC here tonight giving air time to report that Meghan’s father may now have to testify against her in court as she tries to sue the Daily Mail for divulging information from her personal emails to her father?

Surely there are more relevant issues going on in the world that they can put on the news? No wonder she and her husband can’t wait to get out of the UK!
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 20:11
    @drewnogal said
    I think the Queen is considering scaling down the number of royals who get an allowance for their duties? What about the level of reporting on every little detail of their lives as seems to happen here?

I cannot believe the shameful action of the publicly funded BBC here tonight giving air time to report that Meghan’s father may now have to testify against her in court a ...[text shortened]... world that they can put on the news? No wonder she and her husband can’t wait to get out of the UK!
    I feel very confident with the Swedish Royal family. They are doing a great job as ambassadors/representatives for this country, and perform their duties as well as possible. I don't want it differently, I still want monarchy. I need it.
  12. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 21:36
    @torunn said
    I feel very confident with the Swedish Royal family. They are doing a great job as ambassadors/representatives for this country, and perform their duties as well as possible. I don't want it differently, I still want monarchy. I need it.
    I have my favourites like Princess Anne who works hard with her horses and her practical way of dressing and then William and Harry who have spent time in the forces and do a lot for mental health.
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Jan '20 13:46
    I got an appointment with my family doctor (also a friend) for today. Well that may not seem like good news to any of you but for me it is. I have been ill and although he is "off" today he will make arrangements for me. I feel special. See "Good News Day".
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    16 Jan '20 13:48
    @great-big-stees said
    I got an appointment with my family doctor (also a friend) for today. Well that may not seem like good news to any of you but for me it is. I have been ill and although he is "off" today he will make arrangements for me. I feel special. See "Good News Day".
    Good luck!
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Jan '20 13:52
    @torunn said
    Good luck!
    Tack.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree