Gadgets

SubscriberDrewnogal
General 21 Mar '19 08:53
  1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    21 Mar '19 08:53
    My friend recommended the Karcher window vac.

It’s great for drying out the inside of a steamy, streaming shower to reduce horrible black mould spots. 🙂
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Mar '19 09:20
    @drewnogal said

It’s great for drying out the inside of a steamy, streaming shower to reduce horrible black mould spots. 🙂
    Keeps our house warm!
    We still have not double-glazed everywhere so we wake up to condensation.
    The Karcher really makes a difference.
    Dry windows - warm house.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Mar '19 12:281 edit
    @drewnogal said

I bought a small dehumidifier when we moved into this bungalow 4 years back (it had been empty for 5 years) the roof needed sorting the kitchen ceiling fell in the day we moved in. anyway the delhongi worked and still works brilliantly when running it also puts positive ions into the atmosphere no more damp or mould cheap to run and even has a clothes drying setting all for £59.00.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    21 Mar '19 17:16
    @badradger said
    I bought a small dehumidifier when we moved into this bungalow 4 years back (it had been empty for 5 years) the roof needed sorting the kitchen ceiling fell in the day we moved in. anyway the delhongi worked and still works brilliantly when running it also puts positive ions into the atmosphere no more damp or mould cheap to run and even has a clothes drying setting all for £59.00.
    I’ve got a dehumidifier too, great for drying washing. Essential in our rainy climate. Used to dry my jeans in front of the fire overnight in my teens then put them on still damp the following day.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 09:07
    @drewnogal said
    I’ve got a dehumidifier too, great for drying washing. Essential in our rainy climate. Used to dry my jeans in front of the fire overnight in my teens then put them on still damp the following day.
    remember putting my new levis on then climing into the bath to shrink them/ also bleaching them to age them.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 09:20
    @badradger said
    remember putting my new levis on then climing into the bath to shrink them/ also bleaching them to age them.
    You must be 60+
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 09:28
    @wolfgang59 said
    You must be 60+
    66, aged hippie still a blues fan indie punk the works I was at one point the oldest punk in the rock garden.
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 09:37
    @badradger said
    66, aged hippie still a blues fan indie punk the works I was at one point the oldest punk in the rock garden.
    I never progressed to punk and stubbornly clung to the hippie
    era wearing open toe sandals right through the winter.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 09:47
    @drewnogal said
    I never progressed to punk and stubbornly clung to the hippie
    era wearing open toe sandals right through the winter.
    had to do the punk bit my sister was married to the dj in the rock garden so we got in for free, saw the clash, pistols, suzie and the banshees, the tom robinson band, had some great nights I was in my early thirtys, in saying all that still went to see mainstream bands , saw springsteen in newcastle the stones and bb king. my most fav band of all times the Kinks.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 14:42
    @drewnogal
    I bought, at a garage sale, a gadget about 20 years ago and have yet to figure out what it is. It is currently a "piece of art" on one of our walls.
  11. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 17:19
    @great-big-stees said
    @drewnogal
    I bought, at a garage sale, a gadget about 20 years ago and have yet to figure out what it is. It is currently a "piece of art" on one of our walls.
    Now you have my attention. 🤔

1) Does it have screws in it?
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Mar '19 12:56
    @drewnogal said
    Now you have my attention. 🤔

1) Does it have screws in it?
    The only "screws" it has/had were when I tried figuring out what it was and finally said, "Ah, screw this. Whatever it was, it's now a piece of art". 😲
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Mar '19 20:37
    2. Is it made mainly of metal?
  14. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    23 Mar '19 20:50
    @badradger said
    had to do the punk bit my sister was married to the dj in the rock garden so we got in for free, saw the clash, pistols, suzie and the banshees, the tom robinson band, had some great nights I was in my early thirtys, in saying all that still went to see mainstream bands , saw springsteen in newcastle the stones and bb king. my most fav band of all times the Kinks.
    Those are some great names on your "been there...done that" concert list.

I'm of that tweener generation too. I caught the tail end of the 60's in my youth, and cut my adolescent teeth on punk.

BTW: The Kinks' music is timeless.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Mar '19 16:08
    @wolfe63 said
    Those are some great names on your "been there...done that" concert list.

I'm of that tweener generation too. I caught the tail end of the 60's in my youth, and cut my adolescent teeth on punk.

BTW: The Kinks' music is timeless.
    I was never a Beatles fan or any watered down rock bands Dive is into ELO (electro pop nonsence) I saw Jeff lynne when he was in a folk rock band Idle Race around 68/69 redcar jazz club.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree